My New AR - Sights?

bradigby

Active Fanatic
I got a new AR this weekend. My first one that is not supplied by the government. There are no sights. Can i get some recommendations for a red dot?

bradigby

Active Fanatic
I obliviously like the Sparc II price better. Is the battery something common? I already have a trl1 light and i think they are the same batteries as an Eotech. I have been known to overthink this stuff sometimes.

bradigby

Active Fanatic
I went by big boys on my way home. I think that they sold me on a 1-4 x 20 over the red dot. I will be getting something similar or better.

striped1

Well-Known Fanatic
bradigby said:
I went by big boys on my way home. I think that they sold me on a 1-4 x 20 over the red dot. I will be getting something similar or better.
If that is the case, go vortex. I prefer 1-6 razor but they have the strikeeagle now.

Jeremybj

Fanatic
If you want a 1-4, go with the 1.25-4 Vortex PST, it is a great buy and a great piece of equipment. If you go red dot, go aimpoint pro, i prefer it over my eotech.

bradigby

Active Fanatic
I have always been an iron sight guy. I had a cowitnessed red dot on the m4 I took to Afghanistan. I had problems zeroing, took it off and later shot expert for the first time that day. I have a weird love/hate relationship with dots.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Aimpoint is boss level ****. Cold Hand Arms inside Wilshire Gun usually has them in stock.

Harness in the good energy, block out the bad.

Chad King

Well-Known Fanatic
Most branches of the U.S military run Aimpoint CCO's for their red dots. Its mostly spec ops guys who run Eotech ect unless a grunt feels the need to buy his/her own optic. So if you didn't like the Aimpoint on your M4 i recommend a Vortex Strike Eagle or any scope with a 1x power setting so you can still run it like a Red dot but still have the added magnification when you want it. If you shot expert with iron sights you won't have any issues hitting most targets at the ranged around here don't think anyone has a range that reaches past 300 yards in the metro area except maybe OKC Gun Club.

Latest posts