My M9 “journey”

1Sgt_Jerry

Well-Known Fanatic
I'll try the readers digest version. I have a commemorative M9 that I've shot and do not plan to get rid of. Being as I have an old set of eyeballs, I opted to have the front sight milled for fiber optic.

The process didn't go as planned. Things happen. The original slide was spoiled. Not mad at all. Guns are like bikes. If your gonna ride 'em, your gonna wreck 'em.

For a fair deal. I ended up with the original slide back that I tossed in the box for my grand kids to poke fun at me. Also a new brigadier G slide. Left side only de cock. A good set of sights.

During the process, I ended also ended up with a new commercial M9 slide. I'm looking at selling that one to recoup some of the cost of doing business.

I've shot it. It's a rock star. I'm very happy with the new set up.

Attachments

• 8DAE8969-6593-4447-AC92-32A26975BBEB.jpeg
    8DAE8969-6593-4447-AC92-32A26975BBEB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • 44692804-677B-47F6-84BD-8CD8ED4F3BA2.jpeg
    44692804-677B-47F6-84BD-8CD8ED4F3BA2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • 4B5DE73A-87F5-49AD-A825-CEEFAD0D07D1.jpeg
    4B5DE73A-87F5-49AD-A825-CEEFAD0D07D1.jpeg
    738.3 KB · Views: 14

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Glad it all worked out for you in the end. Nice looking with the brigadier slide. I don't own a beretta, but I admit to fondling and becoming more familiar with them while at work.
A co-worker (who is my age) served out the last of his military time with the m9 and still carries one to this day. His is some sort of older brigadier? Not like the newer ones. I will try to remember what his model is and then try to remember to post it here. Ha

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I'll try the readers digest version. I have a commemorative M9 that I've shot and do not plan to get rid of. Being as I have an old set of eyeballs, I opted to have the front sight milled for fiber optic.

The process didn't go as planned. Things happen. The original slide was spoiled. Not mad at all. Guns are like bikes. If your gonna ride 'em, your gonna wreck 'em.

For a fair deal. I ended up with the original slide back that I tossed in the box for my grand kids to poke fun at me. Also a new brigadier G slide. Left side only de cock. A good set of sights.

During the process, I ended also ended up with a new commercial M9 slide. I'm looking at selling that one to recoup some of the cost of doing business.

I've shot it. It's a rock star. I'm very happy with the new set up.
A beautiful gun sir. I cannot get these guns to fit my hand for love nor money. I have the same problems with any Sig double stack, or even the 220. Small hand, short fingers. Sad too, 'cause I'd really love a 220 in 45acp

Rusty Guns

Active Fanatic
When I worked security in FL, we were issued a Beretta 92-FS. Mine was used but in good shape, after I gave it a good cleaning. We went to the range once a month for a whole day. Lots of shooting the Beretta, and an AR-15. Had a lot of fun, burning up free ammo.
I bought a new M9 for 450, to work with the double action trigger more they were good dependable pistols, but I just didn't like the
Two - Speed Trigger. I got better with it but the first round from the draw might be a little off, never outside the silhouette, but not in the 10 ring either. If I would just concentrate on the trigger squeeze a fraction, I was ok. But I had carried a 1911, on duty for fifteen years, and a Glock G-23 for five years. The first round was the same as the rest of them. I like the Beretta 92FS / M9 platform, but I don't want to carry it. It feels good in my hands about the right size for my long fingers.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
When I worked security in FL, we were issued a Beretta 92-FS. Mine was used but in good shape, after I gave it a good cleaning. We went to the range once a month for a whole day. Lots of shooting the Beretta, and an AR-15. Had a lot of fun, burning up free ammo.
I bought a new M9 for 450, to work with the double action trigger more they were good dependable pistols, but I just didn't like the
Two - Speed Trigger. I got better with it but the first round from the draw might be a little off, never outside the silhouette, but not in the 10 ring either. If I would just concentrate on the trigger squeeze a fraction, I was ok. But I had carried a 1911, on duty for fifteen years, and a Glock G-23 for five years. The first round was the same as the rest of them. I like the Beretta 92FS / M9 platform, but I don't want to carry it. It feels good in my hands about the right size for my long fingers.
I like them, very smooth operating, however, they do not mix well with small hands, and short fingers.

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
92/96 are very good guns. The problem I have is that there are way to many models, just off the top of my head FS, F, B, BB, G, S, SB, SB-F, D, 90two, 92A1, X just to name a few. Each model has different functions. They work very well but you never know for sure how it is going to work.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
92/96 are very good guns. The problem I have is that there are way to many models, just off the top of my head FS, F, B, BB, G, S, SB, SB-F, D, 90two, 92A1, X just to name a few. Each model has different functions. They work very well but you never know for sure how it is going to work.
I kind of feel that way about the CZ75. I'd live to try one out but which one? Also these have not been user friendly for my hand/finger combination, unless you start and stay single action. Hence my true love for the 1911, and the P35. the Hi Power with slim grips is one of the best feeling handguns I've ever shot.

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
I kind of feel that way about the CZ75. I'd live to try one out but which one? Also these have not been user friendly for my hand/finger combination, unless you start and stay single action. Hence my true love for the 1911, and the P35. the Hi Power with slim grips is one of the best feeling handguns I've ever shot.
If you are ever looking at a 380, take a look at a Berretta 84 or 85. They are mini 92's in 380.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
If you are ever looking at a 380, take a look at a Berretta 84 or 85. They are mini 92's in 380.
I actually did look at the double stack version a few years ago. Still felt a little big believe it or not. If I remember correctly, one of those is a single stack, I'd love to check one of those out. Miss LD has a glock 42 she absolutely loves, and shoots well. I have a very early one, and I despise it! I will not feed for crap. I've tried new mags, no luck. I need to send it to Glock and have them fix it, but if I do, it'll stay in the safe as a back up to hers. I have a Bersa that shoots great, and a Colt 380 Government too. The Colt can be finicky as far as feeding. When I do my part right the thing is incredible at 50 ft.

Sorry I kinda got off track, I tend to do that.

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
I actually did look at the double stack version a few years ago. Still felt a little big believe it or not. If I remember correctly, one of those is a single stack, I'd love to check one of those out. Miss LD has a glock 42 she absolutely loves, and shoots well. I have a very early one, and I despise it! I will not feed for crap. I've tried new mags, no luck. I need to send it to Glock and have them fix it, but if I do, it'll stay in the safe as a back up to hers. I have a Bersa that shoots great, and a Colt 380 Government too. The Colt can be finicky as far as feeding. When I do my part right the thing is incredible at 50 ft.

Sorry I kinda got off track, I tend to do that.
See if you can find a 85, single stack, it may fit.

Latest posts