Well-Known Fanatic
------------------- cut 'n pasted from MS Word ----------------------------
June 29th, 2019

NRA Executive Offices
11250 Waples Mill Rd
Fairfax, VA 22030
Attn: Board of Directors

Subj: Personal opinion on the direction the NRA needs to take

Good morning, as seen in the attached scanned image of my expired NRA membership card, I have voluntarily let it lapse.

{scanned image of my membership card from 2012}

The reason I chose to let my membership lapse, along with not displaying the NRA symbol on my Virginia license plates (I changed plates) anymore, is due to the state of affairs and financial trouble the NRA is currently in.

Over the years, a lot of people, such as myself, have come under the assumption that a lot of "misappropriation" of membership dollars has been made by your CEO, Mr. Wayne LaPierre. $200,000 Italian suits, a gigantic mansion for a home, not to mention numerous fancy vacations to overseas places. When other high profile Board of Director members brought the above suspicions to light, they were ousted rather quickly, or they "politely resigned" and walked away.

The NRA needs to get back on track of caring about its members, standing up for the 2nd Amendment, and to be honest and straight from the heart – Do whatever is necessary to get Mr. LaPierre to step down as CEO and appoint someone more deserving of the title.

I know this is extremely harsh to say, and might even be a tad offensive, especially in the eyes of the Lord above, but in my own personal opinion, Mr. LaPierre and Pastor Joel Osteen are "cut from the same cloth" as the saying goes. Lavish lifestyles, multi-millionaires, private jets, etc… and are so far removed from the "common man", that they lost their focus on what really matters to the rest of us.

In closing, I will immediately renew my NRA membership, once Mr. LaPierre is no longer CEO.

Respectfully,

{my full name/address}

------------------------ end of cut 'n paste --------------------------------

Retired Badge

Fanatic
They are no doubt in Ames's right now, but they are still the ones that are making the most head way at defending our 2A rights.

Latest posts