My First PCC Build

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
did you oil the trigger when you installed it?
Sounds like it was sticking.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Tyler Branstetter said:
I oiled it after I figured out it was sticking and not resetting. It's been working great since then and after about 100-150 rounds.
Ha, believe it or not, these things need oil before shooting them.
I guess sometimes the excitement gets the better of us & we want to slap it all together & put rounds down range to see what it'll do.

Make sure you oil the rails on the bolt really good. Those are the only bearing surfaces that touch inside the receiver. Keep those surfaces lubed always. The trigger group is less critical, there's not a lot happening there in the way of friction after the initial lubing although that is where alot of the hot chamber gas & carbon is blowing down. So you'll want to oil it, it's just not going "use" oil like the bolt surfaces. Run it wet, it'll spit out what it doesn't need.

Keep it lubed up & have fun buddy.

Tyler Branstetter

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
Ha, believe it or not, these things need oil before shooting them.
I guess sometimes the excitement gets the better of us & we want to slap it all together & put rounds down range to see what it'll do.

Make sure you oil the rails on the bolt really good. Those are the only bearing surfaces that touch inside the receiver. Keep those surfaces lubed always. The trigger group is less critical, there's not a lot happening there in the way of friction after the initial lubing although that is where alot of the hot chamber gas & carbon is blowing down. So you'll want to oil it, it's just not going "use" oil like the bolt surfaces. Run it wet, it'll spit out what it doesn't need.

Keep it lubed up & have fun buddy.
Will do! I appreciate the tips. I lubed everything else up initially just not the trigger. One thing I did notice is that this gun does run really dirty. Just with 300 rounds my mags, the bolt, pretty much everything was dirty. Looks like this will definitely be a gun to clean after every match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Tyler Branstetter said:
Will do! I appreciate the tips. I lubed everything else up initially just not the trigger. One thing I did notice is that this gun does run really dirty. Just with 300 rounds my mags, the bolt, pretty much everything was dirty. Looks like this will definitely be a gun to clean after every match.

Yes, the blowback operation of the bolt is going to run filthy. There is no lockup for the bolt only bolt & buffer mass & spring weight to keep it closed while firing. That's why you need to make sure you're running a heavy buffer & spring to keep the bolt closed as long as possible. If the bolt opens too early the brass doesn't expand & seal the chamber.

Tyler Branstetter

Well-Known Fanatic
Grant Wood OK said:
What was your total all in cost?
The gun itself is probably around $1,200-$1,300. I told the wife I could do it for under $800 before I started.... but since I'm planning on competing with this thing I decided to go with some quality parts and spend a little extra.

grantwoodok

Well-Known Fanatic
So a Nordic Carbine or SBR in 9mm is around $1500 so I guess it's comparable.

Tyler Branstetter said:
The gun itself is probably around $1,200-$1,300. I told the wife I could do it for under $800 before I started.... but since I'm planning on competing with this thing I decided to go with some quality parts and spend a little extra.

Tyler Branstetter

Well-Known Fanatic
41 round Glock mag with the Taylor Freelance extension... shouldn't have to reload unless there are steel plates and I just happen to suck that day!

9a976b8216d159cfed5ca85e1a80f987.jpg

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
That optic isn't going to last, It'll fail & it'll most likely be in the middle of the first stage of a match.

Tyler Branstetter

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
That optic isn't going to last, It'll fail & it'll most likely be in the middle of the first stage of a match.
You're probably right. Unfortunately I can't make it this weekend but I should be able to try it out at steel challenge in feb and see how it holds up.

KellyB

Well-Known Fanatic
Love this! [emoji7] Trying to soak it all up. After trying one this last weekend, I think I've caught the PCC fever. I'm envious of those that have the wherewithal to build one & not be on a long waiting list.

PeteMcGuire1881

Well-Known Fanatic
KellyB said:
Love this! [emoji7] Trying to soak it all up. After trying one this last weekend, I think I've caught the PCC fever. I'm envious of those that have the wherewithal to build one & not be on a long waiting list.
Jump in; I am. Get your fingers dirty and build one. I can't wait until I get all my funds together to get my parts together. I figure it's like I hear: "buy once, cry once" About the time I get this shoulder rehabbed, it'll be spring and time for me to get out and start shooting.

Besides, Kelly, all the cool kids are doing it!

KellyB

Well-Known Fanatic
PeteMcGuire1881 said:
Jump in; I am. Get your fingers dirty and build one. I can't wait until I get all my funds together to get my parts together. I figure it's like I hear: "buy once, cry once" About the time I get this shoulder rehabbed, it'll be spring and time for me to get out and start shooting.

Besides, Kelly, all the cool kids are doing it!

I'm not afraid of getting dirty, I'm mechanically challenged. Like I can clean my own guns, but putting them back together requires YouTube video sometimes, darn AR pins. I can duct tape, bailing wire & hot glue stuff like a pro though. Lol
I will probably have to look for a ready made one. There's so many options.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Micah_Rowe said:
I bought a Scorpion.

**** runs like a striped-ass ape.

Reloads fast like a pistol.

Affordable, durable mags up to 40+1.

Ergos beat the AR platform hands down.

Good luck to you guys.
My SIL has one of the pistols with the brace. They are definitely fast.

Latest posts