My first AR build.

StealthESW

Well-Known Fanatic
So, this was my first build. Much more simple than I expected it to be. Only took me a few mins with some channel locks to have the roll pins in. The rest was a walk in the park. The hinge pin detent and was way easy to get in. No loss of any parts. I can't wait for my Loki lower so I can start on it.

Here is my Spikes lower with Spikes battle trigger, MagPul MIAD, UBR, and BAD Lever.

This my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

P9010129.jpg

Biggsly

Well-Known Fanatic
I guess we just need to start an AA group. "AR-15 Anonymous"

I guess I drank the Kool-Aid. :party0036: Mmm Yummy.
You and me both. I have been shootind them from the time I was 16. I have had times when I had a bunch, and times when I was down to one. I kinda lost intrest in them the last few years, but I enjoy building and tinkering with them. I think I just needed a break.lol I don't ever see me not having atleast one again. Believe it or not. I bought my first AR from a pawn shop when I was 16. My dad went with me to get it. I bought a Colt SP1 for $400 out the door. Those were the good ole days.

StealthESW

Well-Known Fanatic
You and me both. I have been shootind them from the time I was 16. I have had times when I had a bunch, and times when I was down to one. I kinda lost intrest in them the last few years, but I enjoy building and tinkering with them. I think I just needed a break.lol I don't ever see me not having atleast one again. Believe it or not. I bought my first AR from a pawn shop when I was 16. My dad went with me to get it. I bought a Colt SP1 for $400 out the door. Those were the good ole days.

Times have changed, that's for sure.

been

Well-Known Fanatic
i have yet to get an AR.mine would have to be milspec.i dont trust some stuff but thats just cus im crazy.

StealthESW

Well-Known Fanatic
i have yet to get an AR.mine would have to be milspec.i dont trust some stuff but thats just cus im crazy.

Most parts seem to be with all the research I have done. My build is, aside from the UBR and MIAD which I think are just as good if not better. I can tell you that Magpul is without a doubt, quality.

One thing to keep in mind is that the extension tube comes in many flavors, mil-spec or commercial, full length or carbine, or custom like the Magpul UBR. I have found that unless you need oversized pins for your lower, most things will be mil-spec.

Define mil-spec
And is mil-spec just something you want some part maker to tell you thats what their part is?and which country's military spec are you looking for? I'll bet French Guiana has some cool mil specs.
The best specs are the x-ray kind.
(post brought to you by Kurts apple cider)

been

Well-Known Fanatic
like i said "im crazy".when i think of milspec i think of a expensive colt not a carbon 15.i dont know much about ARs and thats why i am so ignant on the subject.i would like a full auto with a 16 inch barrel but thats just dreaming on my part.a Noveske would be nice though

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Noveke ISN'T Mil-Spec, they use a few parts that meet Mil-Spec, but the whole package ISN'T Mil-Spec. We could debate all day about whether it is better than Mil-Spec, but it is not Mil-Spec. The same could be said of almost all the high end AR makers like Firebird, J.P. Enterprises, LMT, LWRC, LaRue....etc. I feel their stuff is far better, but it definitly IS NOT Mil-Spec.

Latest posts