My 3-gun setup right now.

JustSayWhen

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I closed my finger in my truck door last night after the Heartland match and split it open pretty good so today I will be messing with photos and videos and see what I can upload on here instead of shooting. Hope you enjoy. Currently running a Smith and Wesson M&P9 Pro, Colt CRX-16 Competition AR chambered in .223 wylde with a Lucid HD7 red dot sight (no magnification) and am waiting on Diamondhead D-45 sights, and a Benelli SBE with a Nordic Components +7 tube extension. What do you experienced 3-gunners think, I always like some critique.

Attachments

• 1010310_10151519767621915_146055458_n.jpg
    1010310_10151519767621915_146055458_n.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 6

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
With one whole 3 Gun match experience, I say it looks fine! But what I really want to know, is how do you like the Colt? The LGS has one with my fingerprints all over it, I'm thinking it's pretty sweet. But I want to wait until I can fondle a Stag 3G before I make a decision.

JustSayWhen

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I like it a lot. One of the best parts of the Colt competition rifles is the upgraded trigger and a good muzzle brake. I think the 3g has a stock trigger and a so-so muzzle brake. Those two things were important to me because they would be my first upgrades. But if you do not like the trigger or brake and would change them out anyways than it is a toss up in my opinion. The .223 wylde chamber is pretty nice but not something that is needed. Mine is only a 16" barrel but I really do not need much more. I have had good luck with Colt's and so far I really like it and it is well made. I have 2 3-guns under my belt 1 USPSA and a few local pistol matches so I am no expert either but I really, really like my setup so far.

jeffhughes

Well-Known Fanatic
JustSayWhen said:
I think the 3g has a stock trigger
That would be incorrect. The Colt comes with a house brand "competition" 6lb trigger, and the Stag 3G comes with a 3.5lb Geissele Super 3Gun trigger

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I thought they both used the Gieselle 3 gun trigger? The colts comp is likely better as its an aftermarket, Surefire brake I believe. The price is the biggest difference. Stag Arms 3G FTW!

Your kit is legit BTW.

JustSayWhen

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
I thought they both used the Gieselle 3 gun trigger? The colts comp is likely better as its an aftermarket, Surefire brake I believe. The price is the biggest difference. Stag Arms 3G FTW!

Your kit is legit BTW.
Thanks. Let me know when we are practicing again I will try not to embarrass you... haha no but in all seriousness I like the tips and knowledge. Your range is pretty sweet too.

22+1

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a colt crx that I really like. The trigger was not great so I dropped in a SD3G trigger that made a big difference for me, and a vortex 1x4 optic works good to 500 meters.
The colt is very light and with a titan comp. I've never had a problem except getting use to the SD3G. Troy makes a good di optic sight I mounted on a 45 slant rail.