my 1911 makes a boo-boo on my finger

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
my left (weak) index finger is getting cut by the front edge of my sight when I rack the slide. I am wondering if some more aggressive slide cuts might help this problem. The current spring is pretty stiff (still 18#) and it takes more effort to pull the slide than in the past using lesser springs.

Or should I; (1) put a band-aid on my finger, (2) put a band-aid on my pistol, or (3) just take the pain and bleed like a man? Any suggestions? Thanks

pre_1443977701__1911.jpg
pre_1443977770__booboo.jpg

slingshot in lieu of over the top.

when are you racking the slide? load it from slide lock if you need to.

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
you guys are a big hep.

the real problem this weekend was not seating my magazines. I have new Tripp Res. magazines and had trouble seating a few. therefore I had to rack the slide 1-2 times per stage. that's why I have a boo-boo. it hurts and it could get infected.

Despite the above, I still have a hard time getting a good purchase on the slide, "sling shot style" as per MC's lingo.

dennishoddy

Put some anti biotic creme on it, with a honey boo-boo bandaid and get back to shooting.

A stiff upper lip overcomes any pain reaction.

StealthESW

Well-Known Fanatic
If it was me, I'd rip off a piece of my sleeve and wrap my finger. A little scrape like that is not going to ruin my day at the range. Besides, it would stop bleeding eventually.

Latest posts