Muffler shop

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I'm crushed! the guy I have used for years for my exhaust retired a couple years ago and now I don't have anyone I can trust to do the awesome work I'm used too. Reason I've got a Magnaflow that has been on the truck for the last 5-6 years and well it's starting to sound more like a dang cherry bomb glasspack and this is NOT a good thing.

Does anyone have a awesome muffler guy they use? if it's on the South side of Okc that would be a plus, thanks! Later,

Kirk

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
Check out performance muffler in Norman. Good guys and great prices. They did a flowmaster SIDO on my truck with chrome tip for 300, all welds, no clamps. I was in and out in about an hour on a Saturday morning.

OUshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
The drive to Norman will be worth it. Performance did my 84' Chevy SWB, and my 82' vette. The truck was easy because of all the extra room, but they worked serious magic to set my vette up with true dual exhaust and Magnaflows.

The best part was driving through Norman at 7am with open headers to the muffler shop. :eek:nthequiet:

dennishoddy

The drive to Norman will be worth it. Performance did my 84' Chevy SWB, and my 82' vette. The truck was easy because of all the extra room, but they worked serious magic to set my vette up with true dual exhaust and Magnaflows.

The best part was driving through Norman at 7am with open headers to the muffler shop. :eek:nthequiet:

Yeah Baby!! My uncle had 2" straight pipes on his
ranchero. Those pipes could sing!!

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Got over to see Doug this afternoon, said my muffler was gone! then he walked off? I was talking to one of the guys out in the shop when Doug showed back up and said Magnaflow was going to warranty the muffler that I should show back up tomorrow to have it put on. He's gonna charge me for labor and that's it! WOW I think I've found a new muffler shop.

Thanks for the suggestions to go with Doug fella's! a big thanks to ya. Later,

Kirk

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Performance did mine too. I like the fact that he bends all his own pipe and his prices are very reasonable considering that. Don't remember for sure, but I think my true dual DI/DO Magnaflow setup was right at $200 with the tips and that's from the cats all the way back. Pretty much a whole new system in other words. I need to take it back and have him put in a X pipe crossover up front. The muffler has crossover but I think it's too far back. I did lose some torque and he told me I would, he actually tried to get me to let him do his own catback on it. Would have been less money and I thought nobody does that!

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Classic glasspack sound on a classic maybe BUT a 2003 ain't no classic yet. I just got home and the muffler sounds a HELL of a mess better! no pap pap pap pap YEA!

Yes Doug has a new customer for sure. Again thanks folks for the direction. Later,

Kirk

Latest posts