Moving to Nevada

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
It's been great shooting with many of you in Oklahoma.
I got a call... Back to the majors (lol) but as a coach ( Sr Corporate safety rep) for a large gas and electric utility.
5 years with a government "entity" who's core values boil down to keeping city services lousy and funeral directors and florists in charge of dying old boom towns is enough.

I understand Carson City and Reno offer a lot of IDPA shooting.... And a lot of BLM land for casual shooting.

I will be around until early September... And will make a few local matches before I head out

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
Good Luck in all your endeavors, good thing the internet is world wide. you'd have to move to the moon to get out of this community but then again it might have wireless already.

Jeremy Haynes

Well-Known Fanatic
As of 2 years ago i had never been west of Colorado. Then i took a 2 week road trip with a good friend to hit a few of the national parks in Utah. We did a few days in Vegas, ran up to Death Valley, then hooked back through Nevada and into Utah. We went from Zion National Park, to Moab in about 10 days, camping out for a few days at our favorite spots. It was amazing. I honestly never new country like that existed.

In one day we went from -275 feet below sea level, to 14,500 feet above. It was just incredible.
<p>There really isnt much point to this post, other than saying that part of the country is pretty damn cool and i know there is some great shooting

Clucky C

9mm
Best of luck to you! Hopefully you will find a range & enjoy some shooting matches!

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Well it's officially official!

My back ground check cleared and I pee'd in a cup.
The movers call this week.

I sure hope I can make Heartland Sunday.

Pray, keep your chin up and work hard
-jeff.

dennishoddy

Well it's officially official!

My back ground check cleared and I pee'd in a cup.
The movers call this week.

I sure hope I can make Heartland Sunday.

Pray, keep your chin up and work hard
-jeff.

I don't make it often, but I might have to make this one to shake your hand and offer a good bye if your going to be there...

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Well I made it. A round trip and a half over 5.5 days and both trailers are here.

Carson City is surrounded by BLM range.... Shooting, off roading, Lake Tahoe are right on the doorstep.

I've found at least 3 gunstores .... Seems to a lot of pawn shops with firearms near.

IDPA is twice a month in Carson.... At least once in Reno. It's 80's for highs and 50's for lows---- I appreciate the change already.

If all goes to plan I will be out of the trailer by the first. New job starts Monday.

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
Good luck on everything out there Jeff. Glad you got everything out there safely.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
I have a friend that lives in NM. They have some awesome shooting on the BLM ground.
Keep us in the loop!

I saw a whitetail buck in Wyoming the other night that was built like a draft horse.

Carson sits at 4500'.... You are in big timber after a 10 mile drive to 7,000 feet.
Never lived on ground like this - lots to learn

Jackrabbits are everyplace lol

Latest posts