Mounting Holsters Safely in Vehicles

I want to get input from forum members on what you consider a safe mounting solution for securing a holster inside your vehicle. The mounting options I have seen are Screws, Velcro, and Straps.
Have any of you have used Velcro or Straps to mount to the console or under the steering column? I’m in Texas where it gets very hot in my truck so I’m afraid the Velcro will not work, and I have only seen the Strap solution for under the steering column, buy I’m not sure how secure that would be.
Personally I prefer the Screw option for safety, but I would like to hear back about what you think and have used.
Thanks,
Jerry
Manager
Texas Custom Holsters[attachment

XDVehicleMount.jpg]

Attachments

• XDVehicleMount.jpg
    XDVehicleMount.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 11

Brando

Fanatic
3M velcro with super bond glued tape. Cheap Walmart nylon holster with thumb snap. Glock 19 Gen 4 stays firm vertically and holster can be removed if you don't want it seen without gun. Works for me but waiting to see how it holds up next summer when it's a scorcher.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Brando said:
3M velcro with super bond glued tape. Cheap Walmart nylon holster with thumb snap. Glock 19 Gen 4 stays firm vertically and holster can be removed if you don't want it seen without gun. Works for me but waiting to see how it holds up next summer when it's a scorcher.
If it is a fitted holster with tension, velcro won't hold it to the surface it's mounted to when the weapon is drawn

posted via Tapatalk

Brando

Fanatic
I put it on the side of the center console. The only tension is from the weight of the pistol and holster. Has never worked itself loose yet and the back tape on the 3m velcro is super strong. I put this in after the worst part of summer and have no long term knowledge how it will hold up. I also rarely pull the holster off. This might change dramatically in summer with the windows up or when I have the floor heat up. We will see.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I'd want screws. I'd be most worried about a flying and bouncing around gun in the event of a collision. If it were in a holster with retention it wouldn't be so bad.

Latest posts