mossberg 930 auto

tbird63b

Well-Known Fanatic
Any one else had problems with a mossberg 930A? I bought one, and it ran like a dream the first day that I had it out. shot all kinds of ammo cycled no problem. I've field stripped it and cleaned it, and now it runs like ****. cycle every other time; if that.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
That's a gas gun yes? If so, ensure your gas system is clean, oil free and put back together correctly.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Is there a piston? It seems like on gas shotguns some trouble comes from putting the piston in backwards.

tbird63b

Well-Known Fanatic
Ill have to look at it when I get home. I am pretty sure that the "gas rings" for lack of a better term, are in backwards, or something. this is my first Auto shotgun, so im kinda new to the maintenance side on it. I won't be home until march sometime. So now im just going to be sitting here wishing i could pull the damn thing out, and check. thanks for the input, I can't wait to take the thing back out, and see what the problem is

Feegee

The Magic Man
I seen one run really good at one of the Okc 3 gun match a couple of months ago I think Even that wormydog guy even said something about it running good too? ðŸ'©ðŸ˜œ

(null)

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I seen one run really good at one of the Okc 3 gun match a couple of months ago I think Even that wormydog guy even said something about it running good too? ðŸ'©ðŸ˜œ

(null)

This is also true. Lucky I didn't touch or else it would have died right there. I was afraid to even look at it for fear it might break! ;)

Feegee

The Magic Man
Lol you know I was just kidding around with you!! But I am sure sooner or later it's gonna crap out on me then I will have to sell my first born and get a big boy shotgun.

(null)

tbird63b

Well-Known Fanatic
Pm me when you get back and I can help you with it.

(null)

OK i might have to hit you up when I get back. Maybe I can get it running, and sell it and a couple others and get a Benelli or something. This is the second mossberg that i've had issues with. My first one was a 590pump.

Maybe its just OPERATOR HEAD SPACE & TIMING.

Latest posts