Mosin Nagant Scout rifle

aestus

Well-Known Fanatic
I bubba'd a long eye relief pistol scope onto my 91/30 rifle. If you knock out the rear sight, you'll find a hidden 3/8" dovetail rail. From there you can use a 3/8" dovetail to picatinny rails adaptor or 3/8" scope rings. Great part about using a long eye relief scope is that I can use the straight bolt and not have to pay to have a custom bent bolt installed. I can also still use stripper clips to load the gun. :D

Jeff Cooper is either really proud right now or rollin' in his grave.

mosin.jpg

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Col Cooper would be proud. Adapt. Improvise. Overcome. Mounting that scope in the Scout posture makes it a lot easier to whang the bolt handle with a 2x4 when you need to get the bolt unstuck.

Carry on.

Mitch Rapp

Well-Known Fanatic
Wait a sec...... have you actually tried Mosin stripper clips? .......... Didn't think so....... don't waste your money on them.

Excellent rifle, makes me want my Mosin back!

aestus

Well-Known Fanatic
Wait a sec...... have you actually tried Mosin stripper clips? .......... Didn't think so....... don't waste your money on them.

Excellent rifle, makes me want my Mosin back!

I have actually, and use them quite well. There's a trick to using mosin stripper clips. Most people do it wrong by just pressing down on the rounds. It doesn't work that way.

The best way to use stripper clips on a mosin is to lift the front end of the top round while applying pressure down into the back side down. Works everytime and is smooth like butter. There's a youtube vid showing how to do it. Look up iraqveteran8888 and search for his mosin vids.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Actually... very clever. No additional holes and you can go back to stock if you wish.

Cut the barrel to the legal minimum... and that would make one heck of a woods walking deer rifle.