More ammo shortages ahead?

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I see more & more articles popping up about buying guns & ammo NOW.
Could this bring on a larger panic buying frenzy?

DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE. -BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I see more & more articles popping up about buying guns & ammo NOW.
Could this bring on a larger panic buying frenzy?

DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE. -BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

I'm thinking most of us who've lived thru the 60's probably are pretty well set. I feel kinda bad for the ones who have been blinded to the truth till now. They are waaaay behind the 8 ball here, and are going to have to scramble to catch up, or at least to have a hope for more of a chance than a snowball in a forest fire. I hope if they do decide to get armed they'll at least get some general training so they don't hurt us or some other innocent person. I plan to be the well armed hyena, screw being a baby sheep!

JC54

Well-Known Fanatic

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
I do not believe currently there is no ammo shortage, more like Reasonable Price Shortage. Question is when the SHTF, how much ammo can you make off with? Is your place defendable? Are you hording for additional price increases to sell? Be realistic. I stocked up when Obozo walked in the front door of the White House dragging the Beach Hitlery with him. At the time $8.50 a box of 9MM. Told all my friends to do the same, some did, some regretted not doing it. What I'm saying is Just sit down and think it over before running out and buying the ridiculous price gouging ammo.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Being in the position of feeling the NEED to stock up NOW, is a bad position to be in at the present time.

Another interesting read:
We're in a national state of denial. :confused:

Are you hording for additional price increases to sell?
It does seem odd that you don't see more ammo & Components for sale by the old hoarders.
I wonder why they are not selling yet? Price for 1000 primers of any kind $8 to & 10 bucks back in Y2K. :rolleyes:

If I were in ammo trouble today, I would choose 3 weapons' per person eg. Pistol, shotgun & high powered Rifle.

Get ammo for pistol 250 , shotgun, 250 , and 100 High Power rifle cartridges ASAP.

I choose a 1911 in 45acp, a 12 gauge shotie & a rifle in 7.62 x 51 or a 7.62 x 63 alt 5.56 x 45.
All are also Military cartridges & have mil surplus, sometimes available.

Your firearms will dictate what calibers you need to stock back, just remember to stock back more Food.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic

It does seem odd that you don't see more ammo & Components for sale by the old hoarders.
I wonder why they are not selling yet? Price for 1000 primers of any kind $8 to & 10 bucks back in Y2K. :rolleyes:

If I were in ammo trouble today, I would choose 3 weapons' per person eg. Pistol, shotgun & high powered Rifle.

Get ammo for pistol 250 , shotgun, 250 , and 100 High Power rifle cartridges ASAP.

I choose a 1911 in 45acp, a 12 gauge shotie & a rifle in 7.62 x 51 or a 7.62 x 63 alt 5.56 x 45.

Your firearms will dictate what calibers you need to stock back, just remember to stock back more Food.
Old guy me, I bought ammo way back then so I could spend precious time the range, rather than looking for ammo tomorrow. . Now If my Son/Son-in-Law wants to go to the range they stop by Pop's Place to pick up ammo. I didn't buy it to sell it, it works as a draw to see the Ole Guy. Works well.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Scrape through it once, but not a second time.
Roger that good buddy. ;)
Independence Day Reaction GIF by Black Rifle Coffee Company

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic

Re: Stock back more food. I agree. As hard as you may try, you you just cannot eat ammo! As far as choice of weapons and ammo I concur totally. If you can/have stocked up more, be prepared to help out family if need be, and no "I told you this was coming" although I will be hard pressed no to. I will say re choice of my handgun, that would probably a bit different from yours. I love 1911's, also Hi Powers, revolvers, and yes even cussed Glocks. It would depend which was the handiest for me. This being said It's time to lay in more food and water here. :)

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Agreed with all, I'm good for quite some time! Need a back up power supply and better water source but I'm good for months.
Don't forget the other stuff like medications, tooth paste, toiletries, soap, deodorant, coffee, sugar, dried milk, chocolate (little lady) spices, etc etc!
Bought ammo a few years ago when I really started getting into firearms, didn't buy my first firearm until about 8 years ago, a Kimber 1911:)!! I guess at least it was a 1911:):)
Grew up with them and learned and enjoyed at a young age. I just did not really get into them until I had more disposable income. Now I am trying to get everything I want before retirement from firearms, optics and knives along with lots and lots of ammo and magazines, hopefully enough to last my lifetime and well into my children's and grandchildren's!

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Old guy me, I bought ammo way back then so I could spend precious time the range, rather than looking for ammo tomorrow. . Now If my Son/Son-in-Law wants to go to the range they stop by Pop's Place to pick up ammo. I didn't buy it to sell it, it works as a draw to see the Ole Guy. Works well.
Agree! i have been saving so that my 21 grandkids could continue to shoot, and learn at a range, or in the woods. Do I think I would be participating in a possible WWIII, not likely, but the kids sure love to shoot.