Modding a safariland

Ipsilateral

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a safariland 6004 SRS for a while, I like the holster, but I don't like it as a drop leg. Any suggestions on what accessory to use to convert to a belt holster? A Tec-lock and bladetech stingray will only get the upper 2 bolts and will likely work but I wouldn't mind getting all three bolts. Any other suggestions?

And is there any use to keeping the drop leg portion for anything? Can it be converted for a shell carrier or something usable for 3 gun?

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
FWIW, I only use two bolts to hold my Bladetech holsters to their Tek-Loks. I move the holster as low as it can go, which eliminates the third centered bolt from being used. I also use high strength Loctite on the bolts.

Alma

Fanatic
I wonder if it could mount onto a Safariland QLS. I will have to look and see whether the QLS would mount on a tec-lock

Ipsilateral

Well-Known Fanatic
I have an ELS, it won't work, I just got some blade the mini-tmns, they're close and would require slight modding with new then head screws. I may grab a QRS and see if I can convert that to tek lock

Ipsilateral

Well-Known Fanatic
So holster to qls to teklock works, but that puts the center of gravity much too high on my loopers belt, so I'm going to get a safari land drop off set belt attachment and I should be good to go

Latest posts