Minimalistic CCW Holster

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic

So I have been carrying a Versacarry holster for about a year now and have had three two different models both depicted to the left. The top is the new and the bottom the old. I have carried the old into the creek, while running, in and out of vehicles, And have even fell onto the holster and gun several times. This is one of the best minimalistic holsters I have found and I have had a few.

Now a little about the old one. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it at all at first it was a pain to get on my belt and a nightmare to remove the holster while standing let alone in a vehicle. The clip was super stiff, which it eventually got easier not sure if it was wear or new muscles due in my hand. The gun had to be at the perfect angle to get easily get it on the holster. Then from natural wear on the polymer, the gun was a little looser than I would like. I found that the barrel plug had stripped a bit and was able to be turned As far as retention I have NEVER lost my firearm from this holster or the holster from my belt. I have swam with this thing on!(the water was a few feet deeper than expected) The gun rode a little bit looser than I was comfortable with So I decided to get a replacement. I had been really hard on the holster and after six months of wearing it I figured I wouldn't bother the company with trying to get them to replace it. Though I have dealt with there customer service and I found them to be kind and efficient. I ordered up a new one from their website and was pleased to find some upgrades once I received my replacement.

Here are some photos of the upgrades apologize for the picture quality some images might be a bit blurry. The left holster is the upgrade in each image.
Left: The angled cut on the barrel plug allows easier seating of the firearm onto the holster.
Center:The clip is thinner where it flexes but the same thickness where the weight is carried also same thickness on the clip to resist your draw stroke.
Right: The screw holding the barrel plug is enlarged which reduces the ware on the plug.

I was ecstatic to see that all of my concerns for this holster were addressed with the new one. One thing I haven't mentioned is the fact that I have worn the new holster just shy of six months and the wear seems to be drastically less then the old version. I wonder if they changed the material to suit or if that is just a coincidence. I also seen on their Facebook that they will be making some magazine holsters to the same minimalistic design as used in their holsters. I am looking forward to these as well. If done well they may solve my magazine carrying issues.

In conclusion for the price I couldn't find a serviceable holster that even compares. This has been the best minimalistic holster on the market, and better than that it is made in the USA.

A quick video I did on the holsters(sorry for the cellphone video):
http://youtu.be/Wy7jly74oug

Thanks for reading!
CH

This has been edited to work on this page here is a link to my original post Iggiesdomain.

Latest posts