Milt Sparks holster, is it worth it?

White Kid

The American Reaper
I was wondering if a Milt Spark Versa Max 2 IWB is worth the $120?
I do want one but the money though........
My dad has one for a Glock 19/23, it's really nice (He was lucky and bought it for only $50!).
It's gonna be for a Sig P239 (It's gonna be a left handed holster).
I'm just wondering if it's worth it or if anyone could tell me of other great handmade holsters?
Plus, how long does it usually take for Milt Sparks to make a holster?
Sorry if I'm asking to much, it's just that I don' really know that much about holsters besides Galco and De Santis.
Thanks!

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Milt Sparks makes an excellent holster. The Versa Max and Summer Special are both very popular models.
Since your dad already has one, I would suggest giving it a run to see if you like it yourself.

Check out Crossbreed too. They're really nice and quite comfortable for around $60

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
My VM for a 5" 1911 is a great holster. I bought it from Jared C. a year or so ago. I believe delivery time is around 6-7 months.

They have all that info on their website too.

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
Milt sparks makes a very good holster. I prefer a hybrid style holster such as a crossbreed, old faithful type more though very comfortable when carrying all day

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I haven't really cared for my Crossbreed lately, and ended up making my own IWB holster out of kydex. Prob will do that from here on out.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
I have one Milt Sparks product, a Summer Special, (for a 4.25 1911)... I bought it on Ebay. $120 for this or that? I don't know about all that- I try to never pay retail for anything.

As far as leather works go... that Sparks stuff is good leather. For the money--- El Paso Saddlery and Don Hume are good value. Looper in OKC makes a pretty good line of production stuff too...

jeffhughes

Well-Known Fanatic
You can buy Summer Special 2s in stock from Brownells for 1911s, Glock 9 and 40s, and some Sigs(not the 239) for 100.00.

People who own Milt Sparks holsters all say they are worth the wait.

Order one Zander, you'll love it and you'll have it long before you can legally carry...

Spiff

Semi-Pro
I had a VMII for a Kahr P9. It was a little more comfortable than an MTAC, the MTAC was more concealable. I still have the MTAC. MS makes good leather, but if I order from Comp Tac I'll have my stuff in a week.

Topshotdudley

Team Scalpel Arms
Just curious are you asking about this from a CCW standpoint? You're 16 right? When you're legal to carry there are going to be better holsters for that at that time.

Ipsilateral

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a Milt Sparks Watch 6 (versa max 2 w/o the extra reinforced mouth band, and cut some corners for more economical version) for my 1911 government, and a Minotaur MTAC Holster for my HK 45, tough choice, in hind sight, I would spend the extra for the versa max, but both are comfortable and wear well. Personally, I'll probably stay all leather for my 1911s, and hybrid for everything else I carry.

The Antichrome

I've bought and sold 2 Milt Sparks holsters. They were great and I sold them for more than I paid. If I see a deal on one, I'll buy it, use it, and sell it.

I'm checking into Aliengear Holsters now (made by Old Faithful)

Latest posts