midwest hog shootin

rmuller

Well-Known Fanatic
anyone have a place to go kill pigs? I'm looking for something in OK, TX, AR, areas. With a crazy shooting schedule this year i have the weekend of march 22nd open and would like to find somewhere to kill a bunch of pigs.

I'm not looking for a place that charges me $300/day/person to get rid of the animals that are destroying their land. Dont necessarily need lodging or food or transportation. Just would like to find somewhere overran with hogs that me and a few buddies can run around on 4 wheelers and kill everything we see. If it is more of a hunt then great i don't mind paying some for that, i just don't want to pay through the nose.

If anyone knows of anything let me know, cell is6202528138 or [email protected]

striped1

Well-Known Fanatic
Good luck. Texas has gotten terrible. $250 a day for one 100 pound pig and $1.00 a pound for every pound over 100lbs is pretty standard. It got so bad we don't go down anymore. It is huge fun if you can find a place.

rmuller

Well-Known Fanatic
it is hard to find something that is not a "hunt"..i don't want to hunt them...i want ot find a farmer with a big track of land that wants me to come in with a suppressed AR and a bunch of ammo and do some good.

dennishoddy

That's going to be tough to find. There are some places like the Chain ranch, and others like it that charge to play, and its getting like Tx.

I'm on a couple of hunting forums in Okla, and you see people complaining about the damage the pigs are causing, yet they won't allow somebody to thin them out.

The county that I farm in was the last to get those vermin confirmed. Haven't seen any around me yet.

Lester Long

Fanatic
Ryan Muller said:
anyone have a place to go kill pigs? I'm looking for something in OK, TX, AR, areas. With a crazy shooting schedule this year i have the weekend of march 22nd open and would like to find somewhere to kill a bunch of pigs.
None of those states is in the "midwest" -- they're all southwestern states -- so I couldn't help you there. However, Hugo WMA in southeastern Oklahoma often has good hog hunting/shooting opportunities from a public access standpoint as does Waurika WMA in southwestern Oklahoma (though Waurika would be an archery only proposition).

Ryan Muller said:
Just would like to find somewhere overran with hogs that me and a few buddies can run around on 4 wheelers and kill everything we see.
Strangers on four-wheelers tear-assing around my property is precisely why I won't extend an invitation to anyone. Aside from that, I would suggest calling various game rangers and ask about hog densities in their areas. They won't give you any names, but from there you can make some plans to do a little driving and door-knocking. Some will tell you "no," but a surprising number will roll out the welcome mat.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
I have family around Newkirk that have Hog problems. They had the USDA flying helicopters for 3 days in January shooting them with shotguns. Killed 220.

I might be able to get you on some places.

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
try the OK WMAs. I saw a huge black boar on Kaw WMA this winter. Some oil workers in the area told me they had been seeing them regularly.

You can hunt hogs on the WMAs, check the regulations before you go.

dennishoddy

I just got home from our monthly Ponca Club meeting, and had a member tell me they saw two black hogs in the area south of our range. Traps to follow if we see any rooting damage.

Latest posts