Memories of 2011

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
What is your most memorable memory of 2011? Good or Bad.

Big Match win?
Checked off bucket list?
Gun fell out of your holster?

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
After about 6-7 months away from Shooting - I placed 3 for 3 in all major matches and took home plaques at everyone. Guess my 3rd place at Area 4 was pretty big for me -Esp because I knew that I could have done better. Moving up from D class in May to B class in October was pretty big for me as well. I'm ready for 2012!!!!!

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
2011 was a year of ups and downs for me... I made it to "B" in lmited and just got started in open. I was also VERY fortuante to spend the year shooting with lots of really outstanding poeple every single weekend! I'm expecting for the good things to continue in 2012!!! I also lost some poeple in 2011, so let's hope that trend doesn't continue this year.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
1st good thing to happen was my son being born June 2nd. Made my year for sure :D Cutest baby to ever roam the earth.

2nd would be my father-in-law coming down to visit us from Washington during the summer. I took him to a 3-gun match to show him what I do for fun.
He doesn't think i'm a crazy gun fanatic anymore... he saw just how fun it is :) I'm gonna try to talk him into using one of my spare pistols and joining me next time if there's a match going when he visits.

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
Rode over 22k miles on my motorcycle. California, Colorado, The Dragon in North Carolina. Continued to suck at shooting, maybe I'll practice in 2012. Nah, probably not, rode 200 miles today.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
1st good thing to happen was my son being born June 2nd. Made my year for sure :D Cutest baby to ever roam the earth.

2nd would be my father-in-law coming down to visit us from Washington during the summer. I took him to a 3-gun match to show him what I do for fun.
He doesn't think i'm a crazy gun fanatic anymore... he saw just how fun it is :) I'm gonna try to talk him into using one of my spare pistols and joining me next time if there's a match going when he visits.

It's cute now when you forget em outside... the can't crawl very far..... Loose a 3 year old... they can cover some ground!

imacgyver

Founding Member
I'm supposed to say the birth of my child - But actually, It was the match in September or October when I shot the classifier CM 06-04 in 4.36 seconds - even though it was recorded as 4.63 seconds putting me in second place for that stage in the division. I made Fluffy my Biotch! I also witnessed Mr. "Shadow Hands' Cyrwus shoot that same stage in an ungodly 3.0 seconds thusly keeping my ass in check! btw - Mr. Cyrwus was half-way through the stage by the time I pulled my gun from holster and fired a shot, talk about some major peerspective!

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
.....is he a Nomad?

He roams this earth alone in his quest to find the true Kung Fu.
Here's my proof of him being the cutest baby.
100_0471.jpg

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Grateful / happy my kids are great and I got the bug to shoot. Now if I can just get out to actually shoot in 2012.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I hit my stride in skilled parenting. The next best things would be TDSA ACP, buying my own reloading machine (I was sharing one) and churning out bullets at whim, and realizing that I don't give a **** about any guns that aren't "for shooting". And I'm not buying any guns in 2012. Just ammo.

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
Can't believe I didn't remeber this one earlier. lol... This was one of the funnier things that happened to me last year! Mr. Burki instituted a dress code for this match and couple guys even got some "tattoos" for the event!

http://
ponca.jpg

okie-carbine

Well-Known Fanatic
man o man. 2011 was a year to remember for me. started out january 14 with bringing our little girl home from ou medical center. got my private investigator/security guard license in february. then in june i started shooting matches at duke. then shortly after, signed up for uspsa and ussc. also in june, i won a ride in a 2 seater indycar at texas motor speedway. our kinship/guardianship was finalized in july. also added private process server to my licenses. then somebody finally decided to hire me in september, so i started working. and wouldnt you know it, had to be the darn weekend shift. put a serious kink in my shooting profession.

i dont really have any big match memories, just that it was hotter than a sumbitch when i decided to go shoot.