Man you tactical shotgun geeks disappoint me!

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
I believe it is going to be awesome but it's kind of hard to get excited about new Kel Tec products.
The time span from announcement to general availability seems to be years.
$800 for a pump shotgun?
All that being said I will probably get one and didn't even know they existed, thanks Clicker.
Now what am I supposed to do with all my 870s?

I am still waiting on one of their 22 magnum pistols they are supposed have a real ball of fire out the muzzle, I can't wait.

I wonder if they would send me one of these to review "for the forum"
ksg3357web5092377509760.jpg

Pops

Well-Known Fanatic
this is the first I've seen of this, but it is definately on my list.
I like it! I wants one!

I see the Keltec "signature checkering" on the grip and fore end. I have a couple of Keltec products already and I'm also waiting for a 22Magnum PMR pistol.

They have a way with their design. very slick looking. It looks like it will be a little wider than a lot of what's out there nowm having the double magtube.
I'll bet they cause a stir in the industry like they did with the pocket .380. Everyone offers a slim single stack .380 these days. I think, even though Keltec was not the first, they did something to spark they market. I did a lot of research on the pocket .380's and they really cam into their season when they started to be made from polymer instead of steel. There's a lot to be said for a steel gun, but the weight of something that you carry in your pocket is often a huge deciding factor.

put me down for one.

Thanx!

Pops
;)

Hamman

Well-Known Fanatic
It is fugly. This thing will handle well in tight places. The feature I like the most about it is the ablity to select between mag tubes by flipping a switch, leaving the switch in between allows the shooter to cut off both mag tubes to allow the loading of a specialty round like a breacher. This will be popular for LE and those preparing for Zombie armegedon.

HarperJt

Well-Known Fanatic
Does it eject from the bottom? (Lefty friendly). I bet ATF will say it has no sporting uses and classify it as a AOW.

I hope not,
Jeff

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
AOW would be sweet since it's only $5 to transfer, however more likely it would be classed as a DD instead.
I doubt they will classify this as any sort of NFA item since it is tube fed. Hey if Kel Tec produces barrels with interchangeable chokes it's a "sporting" shotgun right.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Looks like that thing kicks like a mule....

I will stay with my AR's...I am too old to handle the recoil...

Steve

Dirk Pitt

Well-Known Fanatic
I like the fact though that the pump is conventional in function unlike the reverse pump on the Neostead.

Midnight Raver

Well-Known Fanatic
True enough, easier to get used to for certain. The NeoStead already had the kaibosh put on it for the US by the BATF bums- most likely they will follow suit on the Kel-Tec one as well.

Either one would be perfect for home defense though. :mrgreen:

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
I have not looked at the weight but that is going to have some effect on the recoil.
I expect you will know you have been shooting a shotgun but it does not look all that bad.
I don't expect it to be as soft shooting as a Saiga 12 probably more like a folding stock 870.

Avtomat-Acolyte

Well-Known Fanatic
Clicker said:
AOW would be sweet since it's only $5 to transfer, however more likely it would be classed as a DD instead.
I doubt they will classify this as any sort of NFA item since it is tube fed. Hey if Kel Tec produces barrels with interchangeable chokes it's a "sporting" shotgun right.

I know this is a few months late to the game but .... the Striker 12 is a revolver that doesn't eject shell casings and is, therefore, more difficult to reload and it was classified as a Destructive Device by the ATF after first being allowed "normal" existence for years.

As for "only $5 to transfer" you are forgetting that even an AOW (which this gun would likely never be as the comparable Striker 12 is a "Destructive Device") requires a $200 tax to be paid to "make and register" on a Form 1, which all of these guns would require if you purchased it as a normal Title I shotgun and then, months or years later, the ATF required you to register it as an Any Other Weapon. The fee for you to do that is $200. (For a Class 2 Manufacturer the fee is waived and is absorbed by their annual FFL/SOT fee to the ATF.)

Barring any kind of unprecedented shake-up of the ATF (only hope appears to be the Congressional investigations into the ATF's "Project Gunrunner" SNAFU) then it is almost assured that the Kel-Tec shotgun will be sold as a normal shotgun for a while and then the ATF will reclassify it as a Destructive Device and require those that already own one to register it. It has already happened.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
Uhhh no I didn't forget anything my post stated it would be nice if it transferred as an AOW but that status was doubtful since I'm inclined to believe (as you are) that it would be deemed a DD.

Thanks but I understand the form 1 process of "making a NFA" item. What would be nice in the case of a Saiga, Kel Tec or any other title 1 gun that gets reclassified is if the Feds would wave the tax and simply require the registration of said item.

Don't get me wrong on this matter, nothing is good about a reclassification of these weapons. However if they elect to force this down our throats then the ATF should absorb the cost not the current owners.

Midnight Raver

Well-Known Fanatic
thebrasilian said:
I don't know....this or a Sagia with a 20 round drum?

The Saiga of course! The Kel-Tec sure is nice, but you can't beat the Saiga for:

Semi-automatic action
Magazine fed, both box and drum type
Multiple configuration and accessory options

That pretty much sums it up! :mrgreen:

Latest posts