Make mine a 1911 please.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Sometimes we do not look at the dirty side of the 1911 to much, however we should.
Some think that 1911 is beautiful as is, & others need for more pretty is their driving force.
Some would never carry any pistol except for the many 1911 builds.

In the end the 1911 is that old flat sided war pistol that spits out big Booolets & works when others fail.
As a 1911 Fanatic I am not at all surprised that any 1911 that moves will also shoot. :D

What do you think of this??

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

Sometimes we do not look at the dirty side of the 1911 to much, however we should.
Some think that 1911 is beautiful as is, & others need for more pretty is their driving force.
Some would never carry any pistol except for the many 1911 builds.

In the end the 1911 is that old flat sided war pistol that spits out big Booolets & works when others fail.
As a 1911 Fanatic I am not at all surprised that any 1911 that moves will also shoot. :D

What do you think of this??

Wow. The guy shooting it committed a terrible sin though. He dropped the slide on several rounds that he dropped into the chamber. He may have damaged the extractor by doing that. He should have loaded every round from the magazine. I bet if he polished the feed ramp and cleaned it up and oiled it, it would feed fine. Amazing. Nothing but a 1911 would fire like that in that condition. Make mine a 1911 too.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
a real springfield!! Agree on dropping round in chamber, geez, rookie error. Not sure if I would have fired it, not that it wouldn't fire but, just display? At any rate, flat out amazing

tomrkba

Well-Known Fanatic
Ummm...silly comments...they were not going to shoot more than a few rounds and had no expectation of continued extractor life...

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I just obtained a nice 4140 steel slide. I mounted a nice set of sights on it. I then blued it and it turned out beautiful. I guess it will grow into another 1911 at my house. I'm gonna plant it and see what happens. I'll share pics when she's born.
Pictures please . :D

tomrkba

Well-Known Fanatic
Still...a bad thing to do.

No, the bad thing was holding that gun while shooting it. Given that corrosion of the barrel, I would have assumed it would have burst upon the first shot. He should have put it in a rest and fired it while standing 10 feet away. The extractor shouldn't even be your concern in light of that danger.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
No, the bad thing was holding that gun while shooting it. Given that corrosion of the barrel, I would have assumed it would have burst upon the first shot. He should have put it in a rest and fired it while standing 10 feet away. The extractor shouldn't even be your concern in light of that danger.
Good point.

Latest posts