Magpul Industries relocating?

BigK674

Well-Known Fanatic
As I am sure all is aware, Magpul Industries in Colorado is facing legislation that would force them to leave the state if passed.

Excerpts from their news release on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/magpul/posts/560455547300132

“Our company could not, in good conscience, continue to manufacture our products in a state where law-abiding citizens are prohibited from purchasing and owning them. ” Fitzpatrick said. “The passage of this bill will do nothing to enhance public safety, but will force us to immediately begin taking our business to another state.”

Magpul Industries directly employs 200 people, supports another 400 supply-chain jobs, and contributes over $85 million annually to Colorado’s economy. Doug Smith, Chief Operating Officer for Magpul, says that it is a difficult position to be in. "We could choose to stay in a state that wants our jobs and revenue, but not our products, and lose half the jobs we are fighting to save, or potentially the entire business, when our customers stop buying. Or, we can take the company and those 600 jobs out of Colorado to continue our growth and the growth of American manufacturing in a state that shares our values. This is not really a choice. It's an unfortunate and inevitable result of the actions of the Legislature if this bill passes."
If this legislation does pass (which I know everyone hopes that it does not) there will probably be many states wanting Magpul to come to their state. We need to make sure that our representatives know about this and the gain that the state would get if they can get them to move to Oklahoma. Our elected officials will need to be proactive in order for this to happen.

Attached is a list that I have taken the time to compile. It includes contact information for Gov Mary Fallin, Lt Gov Todd Lamb, Secretary of Commerce Dave Lopez and all the members of the House of Reps Economic Development and Financial Services committee and the State Senate Business and Commerce committee.

Please reach out to these representatives and let them know that if Magpul were to leave Colorado, we want them here.

And of course, this also applies to any Gun Industry Manufacture that decides to move.

Please take the time to contact our elected officials.

Kenny

Attachments

• State Government Reps.xlsx
    13.9 KB · Views: 92

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
Magpul has announced they will leave Colorado and establish operations somewhere more gun friendly pending the outcome of gun control legislation in the state. Legislation pending would restrict mag capacity to 15 rounds, require all magazines manufactured to have a serial number and dated of manufacture on each magazine. Magpul has said they feel they cannot continue operations where manufactures can assemble a product but residents cannot purchase it. Perhaps we should get the Gov. Fallin to extend then an offer like she did Remington.

scubor2

S.L.C.G.A.
We would have to have an Ellis Island to handle the immigrants from New York, Colorado, and California. They would need to know Plains English first.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
Seriously though, we are about the only two states still acTing normal and paying attention to this little thing called The Constitution.

The plains English is must.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
And all written materials would be in English only, the same as all TV channels. If you can't read, speak, our under stand English leaRN it.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
scubor2 said:
We would have to have an Ellis Island to handle the immigrants from New York, Colorado, and California. They would need to know Plains English first.
Lots of y'all's and fixin' too's

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Just so everybody knows that bill passed a voice vote Yesterday. Monday will tell for sure whether it flies or not.

And I'm just wondering if they are doing any planning to challenge it court before moving. If I were running the company I don't know that I would because you know that OK and TX are going to want them and make some offers. This is going to be interesting to watch. I'm betting "a flush handle pull" happens in their next election if they do this.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Josh Beauchamp said:
Of course this new country would need a name. What would we call such a merging of Oklahoma and Texas?
American rights-ville.
Old America
Freedom land
Oklakickass
NRA central

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
Josh Beauchamp said:
Of course this new country would need a name. What would we call such a merging of Oklahoma and Texas?
It will go to a vote and end up just like the lake Texhoma.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
This bill passed a voice vote yesterday. Monday is supposed to bring forth the real vote and we should know for sure then.

I gotta wonder if Magpul has planned anything on getting it into a courtroom for a challenge. Don't know if I would bother myself because you know both OK and TX is going to want them and give them incentives to move and I would like nothing better than to fly the finger at them. But they are from there and probably feel differently.

One thing is for sure though, this is going to interesting to watch. If they shove this down the throats of CO citizens I sincerely hope they pull the flush handle on those commie bastards in the next election. You can bet your ass that D.C. is watching and if it passes they are going to go "all in" nationally. If they do I feel another 2010 coming on...

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I merged these two threads on Magpul

AND this was a full page ad in the Denver Post yesterday

535423_561665497179137_489929887_n.jpg

Latest posts