Magpul comp glock mags

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Pretty cool to this see kind of product line directed at competitive shooters

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
lol, Don't get too happy.
From what I'm reading they're only 9mm mags & they're 2 rnds short.
They don't list anything in the way of .40

from magpul's site:
https://www.magpul.com/products/pmag-21-gl9
"The PMAG 21 GL9 is a 21-round Glock 9mm handgun magazine featuring a new proprietary all-polymer construction for flawless reliability and durability over thousands of rounds. Meeting the overall length requirements for a 140MM competition magazine, the PMAG 21 GL9 offers additional capacity without the need for expensive extensions."

I'm not exactly sure what the thought process is or if there was even any research done in the way of capacity. Why would you make a product specifically for USPSA shooters that's falls short of UPSA shooters expect? I said the same thing with their original glock mags & their proprietary bases that don't accept extensions.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Yeah it's 2 rounds short, but the price of the mag vs. Mag + extended baseplate is an easy decision for those on a budget.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
If your buying mags for Lim minor, You're already at a scoring disadvantage, why would you let yourself be at a capacity disadvantage as well?
I'm just saying, like the std length mags with the proprietary base, It seems these weren't very well thought out.

These aren't for serious uspsa shooters.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Fine for beginners but serious competitors will opt for a mag they can get max capacity out of.

Reactions: pdh

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
For 3gun, I wouldn't use them either. 3gun Nation Unlimted division has no magazine length restrictions, so I can run a factory 33 if I want. They really missed the mark by having a lower capacity.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I'm just saying if you're going to target a market, you should actually give the market what it needs. It's just seems to miss the mark as did the factory length mags.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
As far as the 170s go, 27 rnds of 9mm instead of 29. What open shooter is going to go for that? If they run, they may make a cheap start mag instead of expensive big sticks when a mag change would be required anyway.

bullittmcqueen

Well-Known Fanatic
The ETS group mags have them beat by a round and they are clear so you can see how many rounds are loaded.

Regardless, still not switching from 17+extension

Wall said:
As far as the 170s go, 27 rnds of 9mm instead of 29. What open shooter is going to go for that? If they run, they may make a cheap start mag instead of expensive big sticks when a mag change would be required anyway.
Id buy a couple and shoot open a little.

pdh

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
Fine for beginners but serious competitors will opt for a mag they can get max capacity out of.
This sums it up for me

Especially overseas where all import duties and taxes add to a very expensive setup with mags and extensions.

For a beginner they can just get the Magpul mag, run it till they want to be more competitive, then upgrade.

Most begginers here running in 3GN are just using 17 rounders here so the 'cheaper option' is a no brainer

This is specifically related to 3GN as we dont have USPSA here

Latest posts