M2 Barrel Size?

Ralph Elmore Jr.

Well-Known Fanatic
In the process of selling my JM and getting an M2.

The question is... What size? 21" 24" 26"

Right now im running a 22" JM with a 12+1 tube... So I am used to having to deal with a longer gun. Im just not sure if there is really ever an advantage between the barrel sizes? I've shot 1 match where the "lunatic" Match Director had us shooting 110 yards with slugs :). I actually did really well.

Thanks

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Only advantage to the 21" or 24" is that they feel nice a svelte. I liked the knock down power my 26" M3000 had. I never had to run any choke tighter than an IC. Plus dat sight radius doh.

hunter_dmw12

Well-Known Fanatic
I love my 26" everyone convinced me to go with the 26 and i am glad i listened. that length makes it more versatile so i can use it for hunting. i just need to get it juiced up with some accurate iron improvements.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Hambone said:
Thanks. I have been thinking about the 26".

I will be getting the AI as soon as possible...

I can get the M2 for 860.

Need to sell my JM!
I'm guessing it's the M2 American, which means no Comfortech stock or extra chokes.

Wild Bill1

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got an M1 with a 28" sight radius I'd nice, kinda looks goofy but, I've not had any complaints other than the couple of ounces it adds that I never notice and the look. If I had a choice if go 26..

ShaneP

Looks good to me
In the event that anyone cares what I use... I shoot a 24" and love it. I don't think there would be a big difference from 24 to 26, but going from 22 to 26 might be awkward for you at first.

ShaneP

Looks good to me
Well, if ARSE would ever get off his arse and put on a class I might make it into the middle of B class. One of these days I'm gonna buy earn myself a GM card! There was a guy on FB talking about that very thing, grandbagging I think he called it.

Ralph Elmore Jr.

Well-Known Fanatic
Just ordered my Benelli M2 Field 26" 12g with comfortech stock! Hope it won't take too long to get here! 890.00 Shipped! Working part-time at a Sporting Goods store sure does help sometimes! Almost like having a sponsor :)

Now I just need someone to buy my JM so I can send it to Mike at AI to get it lookin real pretty... So I can throw it barrels and boxes for the rest of its life!

Latest posts