m1a

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
Set the rear elevation wheel to 200 and shoot a zero target at 25. You should be on. If you're not, then you need to adjust at 25 until you're there, then confirm at 200.

If your wheel does not read 200 after zero, don't worry. That's fairly common on the M1A platform. You will need to either adjust the wheel to read 200 if you're a little off, or file down the front sight in VERY SMALL increments until, with the elevation wheel set at 200, you get a good 25m zero that's confimed at actual distance of 200m. That last procedure is reserved for when the rear sight sits so high at zero that it sticks up above the ears on the rear sight housing.

Hope that helps. This should explain the wheel adjustment:

http://m14forum.com/reference/86160-tutorial-gi-rear-sight-now-sai-too-assembly-disassembly-adjustment-pic-heavy.html

The M14 Forum guys are a wealth of info for the platform.

Of course, this is all assuming that elevation is the issue. This is most common and where my brain went first. Stupid ADD....

bradigby

Active Fanatic
the elevation knob was/is my problem. it was bottomed out and still impacting high at 25.

Dan Sierpina

Fanatic
bradigby said:
the elevation knob was/is my problem. it was bottomed out and still impacting high at 25.
If it's impacting high at 25 yards, you need a taller front sight. The rear sight may need to be ground slightly on the bottom of the rack in order to get slightly lower.
Center your rear sight and zero windage with the front sight so you have equal windage adjustments.

Latest posts