M1 Garands coming back to the CMP

Docneeley

Well-Known Fanatic
My understanding is the 1911's haven't been released to the CMP. Hopefully the new administration can kickstart that soon.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Docneeley said:
I'm sure that's why not. They'd have to remove the selector switches to sell them to the general public.
Nope, there's a little more to than that. Just having a hole for the sear is a nfa violation

ShaneP

Looks good to me

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
I have on of the 1911's, it was my understanding that they ran out of them, quickly. Didn't know they were releasing more of them?? M14's, not a word. They would require a rebuild of sorts for the fun switch removal process. There should be a ton of old M9's sitting around getting rusty someplace that they could unload. Those should go cheap!
If they do sell modified M14's eventually, I would think they could also sell thousands of "un-funned" M16's and 14's.

dennishoddy

I always wanted a Garand. Had the opportunity to buy one recently that was fairly priced and in great shape, but other than for the memories of those that carried it during it's time in service, I don't have a real need for one.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I always wanted a Garand. Had the opportunity to buy one recently that was fairly priced and in great shape, but other than for the memories of those that carried it during it's time in service, I don't have a real need for one.
Ya know, I've gotten to the point of...It's nice, but I really have no use for it, nor do I need it. I must be getting old.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I got 3 M1s from the DCM for $119.00 each.
Now before you go wow, :oops: I got the wife to shoot my mini 30 to qualify for that $119.00 M1.
That M1 cost me an M1A, a stool, leather jacket, the whole High power out fit & she shot with me for the next 20 years.

The old man had an M1 & I had an M14 however, I still love the way that M1 shoots that truly American M2 Ball.
Shoot the WWII matches at some Shooting clubs, many will let you use an M1 & have ammo for it.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Considered a Garand for some time, even sent off to the CMP for the paperwork.. but that's as far as I went.
Looked at quality of rifles, prices, hoops to jump thru to get one, ( though I'm a veteran, & belong to a CMP approved club) decided it
wasn't worth the cost & hassle. Liked the detachable mag of a M-14 better, ( well M1A anyway) so started looking for one.
Looked @ one, didn't like the care the owner had shown for it.. (stored it in a hard case ,with leaves, twiggs,dirt etc..)
I found a previously owned X2 ( but yet unfired ) Scout Squad model & bought it.
Was my favorite rifle X 10 yrs., until I bought an AR-10

Latest posts