M&P Pro on the way - trigger question

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
I ordered a 5" Pro 40 and was thinking about getting the APEX kit to drop in it. Question is, can't I take the parts that came out the Pro and put them in my M&P9 to make that trigger better? Why not, that sounds like a great idea, someone tell me it's not.

Cajun0007

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes. Be sure to get the FSS trigger from Apex. The parts you take out of the Pro will go into your M&P9 no problem.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Or you could just take them to Accurate Ron and get the best M&P trigger possible in both.

Jeremy Moore

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes. Be sure to get the FSS trigger from Apex. The parts you take out of the Pro will go into your M&P9 no problem.

This^^^^^
I have the FSS in most of my M&P's. In my comp. guns, I have the FSS with their competition springs. The ones that don't, will soon

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
Or you could just take them to Accurate Ron and get the best M&P trigger possible in both.

I could do that, I mean with the best trigger possible, you can spend time with Mike, but with the APEX, you get Tony!

I'm torn between the FSS APEX, and I'm already busting my budget for this and other accessories.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I could do that, I mean with the best trigger possible, you can spend time with Mike, but with the APEX, you get Tony!

I'm torn between the FSS APEX, and I'm already busting my budget for this and other accessories.

Mike could undoubtedly give you a better triger than ANY drop in kit on the market. With his schedule these days, it might be tough getting it into his shop. If he can, that's the route I'd go. If not, I'd be happy to take care of you buddy.

Cajun0007

Well-Known Fanatic
Troy, if you are going to 3MR this Sunday, come find me and you can try my trigger out on my M&P.

James

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
Troy, if you are going to 3MR this Sunday, come find me and you can try my trigger out on my M&P.

James

Thanks, I appreciate that, but I have yet to make it that far. I don't think I'll be able to get the FSS, it comes down to the money. I understand the FSS is a like 1911 with a 4-5 lb trigger pull, but how bad can the AEK be with the sub 3 lb trigger with some over travel be? I love the idea of a 1911 trigger on an M&P, perhaps in the future.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
As I just bought the M&P .40 pro 5", is this trigger the one that's supposed to make it more like a 1911?

Yes. Well sort of. Even Mike's M&P trigger doesn't compare to his 1911 trigger. But they are as good as they get in the polymer guns. The Apex is probably the way to go. I stopped by Mike's on the way home from the match and he's pretty dang busy.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
Now that I have the gun, I need a holster and about the only one I see from Blade Tech for the M&P 5" is the 9L. Does anyone know if that would fit the 40 Pro 5"? I would think it would fit like my full size 9 fits my full size 40 Blade Tech holster, but would they not list the 5" 40 fitting this holster for the 9L. I haven't compared the two guns side by side, are they that different?

Thanks, I know I've gone outside of general gunsmithing.

Also, I went with the APEX AEK and RAM, I'll be installing those tonight and taking it to the range this weekend.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
TroyF at Triple Crown Holsters can get you fixed up, send him a pm

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
TroyF at Triple Crown Holsters can get you fixed up, send him a pm

I may do that, I'm waiting on Blade Tech to get back to me. I'm looking at one on Ebay for $30. I can't afford much more without upsetting my wife because I gave you most of my money.

Latest posts