M&P magwell ?

toyfreak

Well-Known Fanatic
Im going to order a SSS magwell and TF mag extensions for my mp. My question is should i get the steel or the aluminum well. What would the benefit to steel be other than the weight difference. Would adding the heavier magwell reduce recoil when its so low on the gun?

They have a brass one also that is even heavier, but it says on their site that is not IDPA legal.

Im going to put a tungsten guide rod in it too. I can see the benifit there with the weight being on top and in front.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
I have the ESP Magwell from SSS - I really like it in conjunction with the TF basepads...they will give you 20% off if you get the steel magwell and order baspads from them....

76143183663157703988.jpg

toyfreak

Well-Known Fanatic
The 20% off is when you buy the aluminum well according to the email i just received. Not a bad deal i just think i want the weight of the steel or brass.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
The 20% off is when you buy the aluminum well according to the email i just received. Not a bad deal i just think i want the weight of the steel or brass.
I'd use the aluminum and get the 20% off. I could be wrong but I'm not 100% sure the extra weight in that location is going to do much for you, again I could be completely wrong about this.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I have the ESP Magwell from SSS - I really like it in conjunction with the TF basepads...they will give you 20% off if you get the steel magwell and order baspads from them....
link please

Firemanama

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm wanting to get a magwell for my m&p but I have arredondo base pads. Which magwell is best? The SSS magwell won't work with those extensions.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I'm wanting to get a magwell for my m&p but I have arredondo base pads. Which magwell is best? The SSS magwell won't work with those extensions.
The SSS is about the only option for M&P & for that you pretty much have to use TF extensions

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Can you get these Wall? I have decided I want a magwell and some more extensions for my M&P40.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Can you get these Wall? I have decided I want a magwell and some more extensions for my M&P40.

SSS has some very tuff to overcome requirements for dealers, so the magwells are a no go for me at this time.
But, I can help you out with the TF Extensions all day long.

The magwells are nice, fit & finish is great. I use one on my M&P Pro.
I just wish SSS didn't have such high requirements for dealers.

yeah; you can shave and grind down the arredondos to where theyll fit, but there aint much plastic left

Riich

Well-Known Fanatic
I'd use the aluminum and get the 20% off. I could be wrong but I'm not 100% sure the extra weight in that location is going to do much for you, again I could be completely wrong about this.

So if I already owned a Limited magwell in aluminum for my Full size M&P40 Limited Divison Econo-Blaster, I would be better served by adding the tungsten guide-rod than swapping to a brass magwell?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Everybody is different & has their own preferences of the way the gun reacts during recoil. I prefer the extra weight be at the front of the pistol to minimize muzzle flip & create more push instead of rise. Again, this is just my preference.

Riich

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks,

Understand individual differences. I may eventually get both but it sounds like the guide-rod and springs may be my next acquisition.

Shooting major loads in that gun as its set up today is a very "snappy" experience.

KeithCross

Well-Known Fanatic
What are the basepads for? If I understand it right (so far) they have to do with competitive shooting, but what do they do exactly and would they have any benefit for a carry gun?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
they are extensions that allow you to hold more rounds in the magazine & in some cases add weight to the mag so it'll drop easier when you push the release.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
What are the basepads for? If I understand it right (so far) they have to do with competitive shooting, but what do they do exactly and would they have any benefit for a carry gun?

The big selling point for me was the ability to remove my base pads without a nightmarish struggle and huge amounts of anger and frustration. Some people say they have Glock factory base pads that come off easily, but all seven of mine are retarded-difficult to remove.

I realize this is an M&P thread, but this is a valid point.

Riich

Well-Known Fanatic
The big selling point for me was the ability to remove my base pads without a nightmarish struggle and huge amounts of anger and frustration. Some people say they have Glock factory base pads that come off easily, but all seven of mine are retarded-difficult to remove.

When I had a Glock or two, this was the most efficient way tfor me to remove factory basepads. Get a small C clamp. I think 1.5" or 2" in size. Pop the basepad retention plate. Attach the clamp to the base of your Glock mags, right around the area where the tabs retaining the base pads are located. Gently apply pressure by tightening the clamp until the base pad moves. It does not take much so go real easy on the clamp.

Also, the steel bar that is used to turn the little clamp is the right size to fit in the hole in the base pad.

Latest posts