M-1 Carbine vs. 1911 | Showdown On the Range

JC54

Well-Known Fanatic
EXCELLENT ARTICLE!
From what I found:
110 gr
1,987 fps

So there are advantages to the M1 over a 1911.
Not Surprised.
BUT - the disadvantage! - You're carrying a rifle.
A sidearm is on your person, whatever you are doing.
If I had an M1, GREAT!, BUT GIVE ME THE 1911 ON MY SIDE FOR BACK-UP!
Best of both worlds.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Always enjoyed Ians firearms videos, knowledgeable guy. The results of this test are as expected. The m1 carbine was a popular weapon in my time of service. Not a sidearm but still a good option.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
EXCELLENT ARTICLE!
From what I found:
110 gr
1,987 fps

So there are advantages to the M1 over a 1911.
Not Surprised.
BUT - the disadvantage! - You're carrying a rifle.
A sidearm is on your person, whatever you are doing.
If I had an M1, GREAT!, BUT GIVE ME THE 1911 ON MY SIDE FOR BACK-UP!
Best of both worlds.
I have both. My m1 makes me look like a good shot at 50 yards lol. We keep it as a house gun along with our handguns. Can't take a carbine into most places we go, but a handgun yep! I think they both work as intended, and I'd be happy with either.

JC54

Well-Known Fanatic
I have both. My m1 makes me look like a good shot at 50 yards lol. We keep it as a house gun along with our handguns. Can't take a carbine into most places we go, but a handgun yep! I think they both work as intended, and I'd be happy with either.
I suppose it would be a great truck gun.
BRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr***
ILLEGAL!
They call it a FELONY* around here :confused:

* Legal to own . . . drive around with it loaded in your truck - NOPE!

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
BRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr***
ILLEGAL!

Yeah here too. Michigan home of the wicked witch of the midwest, frickin whitmer. I wonder if she's related to killery????

JC54

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah here too. Michigan home of the wicked witch of the midwest, frickin whitmer. I wonder if she's related to killery????
You still have her?
I THOUGHT THE FBI KIDNAPPED HER!
HAHAHAHAHahahahahaha

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
You still have her?
I THOUGHT THE FBI KIDNAPPED HER!
HAHAHAHAHahahahahaha
Its like a disease we can't seem to ditch the *****! Now I just heard she let the nuclear power plant down. We lose near 7% of our electricity so we will have blackouts, and way higher prices, which are already way higher than last year. She is pure evil! She is worse than the troll who is the energy secretary for bidan. I didn't think that was possible! Of course we have the damn east side of the state with all the money, and all the damn liberal ass hats who love the *****. I'm sure if someone took the time to check you'd find something rotten in Denmark about her win too. Our government sucks! All the damn way around! We had bidans energy secretary for a governor too. I do not understand the mentality of people in this state.

JC54

Well-Known Fanatic
Its like a disease we can't seem to ditch the *****! Now I just heard she let the nuclear power plant down. We lose near 7% of our electricity so we will have blackouts, and way higher prices, which are already way higher than last year. She is pure evil! She is worse than the troll who is the energy secretary for bidan. I didn't think that was possible! Of course we have the damn east side of the state with all the money, and all the damn liberal ass hats who love the *****. I'm sure if someone took the time to check you'd find something rotten in Denmark about her win too. Our government sucks! All the damn way around! We had bidans energy secretary for a governor too. I do not understand the mentality of people in this state.
I'm thinking more and more that all the elections are fixed, people can't be voting for this sh*t.
And it's not just the USA, all around the globe these progressive nazi -green new deal WEF political operatives are winning and destroying western democracies. We're gonna see, I can never believe that people are gonna vote for impossible gas prices bankrupting society and destroying the food supply chain.
They're starting to go full totalitarian now, the sh*t's gonna hit the fan.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Funny thing happened at the High Power match years ago.
G. brought out an M1 carbine with handloads & shot against M1s & M1As at 200 yards.

He shot a 442 out of 500 points :eek: with a round you could hear hit the target at 200.
I do not think he would have done so well at 200, 300 & 600 yards out at an open windy range however.

If I had to, just make mine am M2.
After G. bought his M1A, there was no catching him LOL.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
BRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr***
ILLEGAL!

Lol truck gun. The M1 is as effective today as it was in WWII. Excellent carbine, and better yet when partnered with a 1911. Should have bought one the other day on Gunbroker it went for $750(a deal). But I had just purchased a 45-70 and it wouldn't have gone well with the BOSS..You know what I mean.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Lol truck gun. The M1 is as effective today as it was in WWII. Excellent carbine, and better yet when partnered with a 1911. Should have bought one the other day on Gunbroker it went for $750(a deal). But I had just purchased a 45-70 and it wouldn't have gone well with the BOSS..You know what I mean.
Michigan is the same way Gunflint1. You can own 'em, but you have to lock 'em in the trunk, unloaded, and separate from the ammo of course. Such utter nonsense, as if criminals follow the laws????

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
Michigan is the same way Gunflint1. You can own 'em, but you have to lock 'em in the trunk, unloaded, and separate from the ammo of course. Such utter nonsense, as if criminals follow the laws????
We the law abiding People are the only ones that adhere to the Lefts stupid policies. And sounds like it's going to get a lot stupider.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
We the law abiding People are the only ones that adhere to the Lefts stupid policies. And sounds like it's going to get a lot stupider.
It does. At what point do we say enough? I was told by a pastor years ago who for the record I really liked, and trusted, at which point do we stop obeying these laws. His answer was, when man's laws go against God's laws.
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty much to that point, and have been for some time now.

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
It does. At what point do we say enough? I was told by a pastor years ago who for the record I really liked, and trusted, at which point do we stop obeying these laws. His answer was, when man's laws go against God's laws.
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty much to that point, and have been for some time now.

Scalia to Student: If Taxes Get Too High 'Perhaps You Should Revolt'

Quote:
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia told a group of law students that it might be a good idea to revolt if taxes become too high in the future.

Justice Scalia continued to tell the students that they have every right to express criticism of the government.

"You're entitled to criticize the government, and you can use words, you can use symbols, you can use telegraph, you can use Morse code, you can burn a flag," he said, according to the News Sentinel.
1658946778497.gif

Last edited:

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
Amen to that.

Latest posts