Looking for new carry gun

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
As the title states I am looking for a new carry gun. Currently, I have a signature 226 and love it but the thing is huge and doesn't lend well to concealing with summer/warm weather clothing. I have pretty much settled on an M&P compact in 9mm. I can get one at Academy in Lawton for 489. Anyone know of a place in OKC I could find one at a better price?

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
I got a Blue Label Glock for less than 400 a few years ago out the door. Not sure what they're selling for now.

I think Academy has the best prices in the Lawton area...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
Josh Cobb said:
I think Academy has the best prices in the Lawton area...

Academy pretty much has the only prices in the Lawton area. Considering it is military town it really is shocking we don't have a gun shop

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
There are a few more in the area, but they generally have a poor selection and charge a lot more.

Ausley's has the Blue Label Glocks and usually has a decent selection. I'm not sure if Smith and Wesson have a Mil/LEO discount, but it might be worth a look and finding a local FFL. The PX has decent sales sometimes and they will do a 10% discount if you find scratches plus they don't have tax.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
Not in the military anymore so the PX isn't an option for me anymore. Tried Bear Arms in Elgin, but the dude royally pissed me off on the phone when he started trying to push a Ruger lcp and S&W bodyguard .380 on me. And Murfs is the same price as Academy plus the gas to get to Duncan.

ShaneP

Looks good to me
You need to go see Rusty in Duncan/Marlow. He'll be the cheapest out the door. I can PM you his number.

If I remember right he is a lake patrol officer or something along those lines and sells guns and ammo on the side. Usually has a handful to choose from, but he can order whatever you want.

Fyrtwuck

Well-Known Fanatic
I got a Glock 43 from H&H through the Blue Label program. $358.00 + tax.

Single stack 9mm. 6+1 capacity. Several options for +1 and +2 magazines.

So far I've ran two hundred rounds of factory ammo and my reloads through mine with no malfunctions.

Skip1

Active Fanatic
Couple years ago I made a decision about my wife's and my own carry firearms. I decided I would not ever buy anything that did not say Glock on it. It has been a good decision. I recommend 17, 19 or 43. I carry 19 mostly with 43 backup.

Glock_21

Well-Known Fanatic
Skip said:
Couple years ago I made a decision about my wife's and my own carry firearms. I decided I would not ever buy anything that did not say Glock on it. It has been a good decision. I recommend 17, 19 or 43. I carry 19 mostly with 43 backup.
pre_1468473620__2d3894d93b2f5423fcc37f83c8a6a41853e7cc8cc1fc8075002cdd40a4a87471.jpg

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
I didn't buy a Glock for my first pistol because HERPADERP HANDFEEL and HURRRRRR GRIP ANGLE HURRRRRRRR and I regret it every day.

Latest posts