Looking for informed opinions on Rem 1100

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
I made the mistake a while back of trading a Saiga-12 for a Remington 1100 Tactical and125 dollars (I paid the 125, not the other guy) because I was planning to get into 3 gun and didn't want to have to shoot Open. I knew I was getting screwed, but figured it was a matter of what I wanted to do, not what the best deal was. Anyway.....

I made another mistake and tried to install a DMW Easyloader on my own, but filed the wrong **** or filed too much, or something. In any event, it didn't work. Because my wife loves me, she decided instead of finding a 'smith for the 1100, she'd just buy me a Versa Max. Now I have an 1100 I want to sell to fund shotgun mods, or shell caddies, or hookers, or a couple Mogwai I can throw water on and start selling. I bought a new lifter and intend to take it back to stock since it probably won't be bought by anyone wanting to shoot 3 gun with the availability of the M3Ks, but my problem with the 1100 as is, the bolt locks to the rear after each round. I'm sure there needs to be some fitting or filing, and I'm comfortable disassembling the trigger assembly after doing it so many times, but I don't know what needs to be looked at.

Any 1100 gurus here who can point me in the area to look? There is a fella locally who is good with 1100s, but I'd like to try and figure it out here one, to keep costs down since I won't get much for the gun, and two, I like being able to accomplish things like this without hiring others whenever I can do it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Or useless comments. Or disparaging remarks about my upbringing, single-branched family tree, penchant for loose sheep and Velcro mittens, or any other whispers of inspiration you folks may be able to offer.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
I am going to sell it. Just not when it's not functioning properly. I am so very confused by this thread already. Must be the large number of multisyllabic words. The only multisyllabic word I know is multisyllabic.

dennishoddy

David Marlow said:
I am going to sell it. Just not when it's not functioning properly. I am so very confused by this thread already. Must be the large number of multisyllabic words. The only multisyllabic word I know is multisyllabic.
Thank you for not being one of the jerks that **** up a gun and pawn it off on another gun owner. There is way too much of that bullshit out there today.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
I agree. I've had more tha my share of lemons with guns and optics, and I despise folks who **** over other gun owners. We have plenty of bullshit to deal with in our society where some look down on us for having a scary object. I know there are plenty of shitheads out there I have no desire to befriend, but I view the gun community as an entity apart from much of the rest of our society and will always do what I can to take care of other gun owners. That includes selling working guns at prices just high enough to cover what I want the money for and paying what I'm willing to pay for other guns, not necessarily trying to find the best deals

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
dennishoddy said:
Thank you for not being one of the jerks that **** up a gun and pawn it off on another gun owner. There is way too much of that bullshit out there today.
yes, thank you for having the integrity to be honest. All of us has at least one story of a gun sold to us with "issues". Caveat emptor!

Latest posts