Looking for a good set of irons

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I'm not going to say there's not any but I've not seen any that wasn't a gas block, but then I've not looked either.
There may be someone out there that's making a clamp on front sight that's not a gas block for a dissapator style rifle/upper, you might check into that.

Patrick Palmer

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok, that makes sense. At first I thought I found the clamp on ones, but they're all integral gas blocks...dang the JP seems like a better deal overall price point to price point.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
You can get a barrel band and then mount all kinds of front sights on that.

I'd steer you away from them unless you want to use a gallon of red loctite keeping it zeroed. The JP and Armalite parts are both quality.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I know a couple folks with the JP sights clamped on out there at the end of the barrel, to help out a touch I filed of material from between the clamps for just a little more bite and NO RED LOCKTITE! GT don't you recall the thread about red locktite? lol

I run the LMT rear and JP clamp on front others I know run the DPMS on the rear and JP clamped up front, I finally have my barrel just have to do some threading and find a barrel extension wrench and I should have an interesting little rifle to take pictures of for show and tell. Later,

Kirk

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Depending on your powder I have seen gains in the 75-125 feet per second range for the "extra" 2 inches of barrel, and that is quite a bit. Especially when you are trying to knock down or "flash" a target past 300. I think that the only thing 223 has going for it is velocity and that is why ALL my competition guns have 20" barrels, even the scoped ones.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
GT I'd just have to show ya, if and I say IF I get this barrel together I'll take some pics so it'll make a touch more sense than me trying to explain. Later,

Kirk

Latest posts