Lone Wolf glock slide?

James Peel

Well-Known Fanatic
I am thinking of building a 3gun shooter with a 17L and am looking at LWD slides. I would want to have it lightened with side window cuts but don't know about the quality of these slides. Anyone have experience with these?

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
http://w.iwebcenters.com/bbenterprise2/ecommerce/comps-barrels-glock-xdm-s-w-m-p/glock/glock-slides/lwd-stainless-glock-slides-parts-not-included.cfm

They are fine. I have used a couple of them. Gonna have my G22 made into a G17 race gun using one of the LW Slides. get ahold of Bobby Carver with Carver Customs. He builds open and limited Glocks, and is building mine right now. Great guy and does awesome work. He has the 17L listed on his website. He will even do any work to it you want, ie, slide cuts, etc.

Feegee

The Magic Man
Why do you want cuts in the slide? I know they look cool, but then you got to **** with springs and crap to get it to run right or he way you want it. Don't get me wrong I love the way they look and have wanted them real bad on some of my guns but then some of the people I know tell me otherwise. A Glock is made to be a hassle free, picked up and shoot dirty, ugly, and whatever else but messing with lightening the slide and you could get into problems.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Slide lightening will make the slide cycle faster. Tuning the springs is something most USPSA shooters do anyways. Even the production shooters I know change the springs to work with the load they like.

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
I would think that by the time you bought a LWD slide paid to have it machined then have it refinished. You may as well order a custom slide from someone like ZEV. But I'm with Feegee it's a glock just shoot the crap out of it.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Feegee Matlock said:
Why do you want cuts in the slide? I know they look cool, but then you got to **** with springs and crap to get it to run right or he way you want it. Don't get me wrong I love the way they look and have wanted them real bad on some of my guns but then some of the people I know tell me otherwise. A Glock is made to be a hassle free, picked up and shoot dirty, ugly, and whatever else but messing with lightening the slide and you could get into problems.
I'd like to say the same thing, but my M&P 40pro I use for Limited has slide cuts.
My M&P 9pro I use for 3 gun doesn't have cuts though, and honestly I can't tell a difference in slide speed. Maybe it's cause they're different calibers.

James Peel

Well-Known Fanatic
R.Pullicar.jr said:
I would think that by the time you bought a LWD slide paid to have it machined then have it refinished. You may as well order a custom slide from someone like ZEV. But I'm with Feegee it's a glock just shoot the crap out of it.
The main reason is that one can actually get a LWD slide whereas the Zev slides are as hard to find as unicorn poo. And even cut and cerakoted it's still $100 less than a zev.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Slide cuts also reduce the sluggish rate of a long slide so factory full size recoil springs function. Also one has less wt slamming fwd. As stated most play with recoil spring rates anyways but getting the gun to run faster and not have as much fwd inertia does help the shooter as well as reliability.

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
The main reason is that one can actually get a LWD slide whereas the Zev slides are as hard to find as unicorn poo. 45 day turn around on custom orders! I already contacted them for a RMR cut slide for a G23

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
Not really trying to sway your decision but I own a few lonewolf barrels and I think they are probably about last in the quality and finish areas so I would assume the slides are probably about the same. I think caspian makes a glock slide for a reasonable price also.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
getting the gun to run faster and not have as much fwd inertia does help the shooter as well as reliability.
This might be a stretch........since when have glocks had reliability issues?

Long slides like the 24 34 & 35 are factory cut to get them back to the approx. weight of their original counterparts, the 17 & 22

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
I almost bought a Zev slide since a LGS near me had some in stock. But since I am going open and adding an optic, I would still have to have the ejection port lowered and the slide refinished adding a couple hundred to the cost of the slide which is already $500.

Latest posts