Lone Survivor

mtmorto

Fanatic
I've read the book at least 5 times, and I gotta say, the movie was far more intense than I expected. Very very powerful.

Tom

Active Fanatic
Went to see it (in a sold out theater) with g/f....we gave it FOUR thumbs up. Very powerful and intense. Did not see any popcorn thrown. The stunts were really really well done.

shane361

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm torn on the movie, I didn't enjoy Black Hawk Down cause it was a movie of our guys getting slaughtered. This move wasn't near as bad but it was a failed mission with a lot of casualties. There wasn't a sound in the theater the entire movie and I believe it was due to the chain of negative events. I have no doubt "the enemy" deeply loved the movie. Great story of strength and character and one that SHOULD be told. What our guys do is no small task to say the least. My 3 years in the Middle East doesn't even come close to the 3 days here. Hero's....without a doubt....but it saddens me so forgive me for not jumping up and down on how great this movie is. :|

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
My favorite part was when Wahlberg/Luttrell had the guy in his crosshairs and told Murphy he was "ready to punch that time clock", ie go to work on the Tali, and Murphy whispered back at him "Do ittttt". Took me back to a moment in Iraq behind a 240 and my squad leader told me to open up on a guy just as I'd already started squeezing the trigger. I loved my job.

shane361

Well-Known Fanatic
11B3XCIB said:
My favorite part was when Wahlberg/Luttrell had the guy in his crosshairs and told Murphy he was "ready to punch that time clock", ie go to work on the Tali, and Murphy whispered back at him "Do ittttt". Took me back to a moment in Iraq behind a 240 and my squad leader told me to open up on a guy just as I'd already started squeezing the trigger. I loved my job.

I ran the armory on several Naval ships and the 240B was our bridge wing weapon, awesome weapon! :D If only our dual 50 cals where the same weapon but bigger!

Latest posts