Sold/Expired LOKI Weapon Systems Group Buy - UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtDave

Well-Known Fanatic
I hate to see this happen to Jeremy. He has a start up business with good prices and can't take hits like this without feeling the effect. It looks like he will have to use money from the guns he recently sold to cover his loss instead of building up his business and giving his family a better Christmas. I feel for everybody that lost money on Loki and I'm glad I didn't have anything on order. I guess the cool T-shirt that Chris gave me will be a collectors item some day.

Chris_Andersen

Certified
Guys this whole deal makes me sick to my stomach. Like everyone else I have been in the dark about the fact that something this bad was coming and have been talking to new potential sponsors every since it happened. Having worn their name on my jersey for the past year and a half, it is a little hard to not take personally the fact that folks are calling them and the phone doesnt get answered.

Jrabbit771

Well-Known Fanatic
I agree Chris. I wish there would of been a, "Hey guys, just a heads up, there might be some tough times coming up with LWS, I'll keep you updated on what our future holds" Or something like this. Everyone being left in the dark is borderline pathetic. We got chunked straight into the lions den. I thank God my 14 rifle order (most of them billet models) was completed. I would of had to sell one of my vehicles or a kidney to pay customers back on that one.

I was completely shell shocked regarding this. Plus I feel like a complete jackass for convincing customers to go with Loki over so many other top manufactures. . Has nothing to do with their quality, the rifles were all well built, but it def gives me a bad rep for promoting their products. More along the lines of principle. Most people understand, but it only takes a few people running their mouths to destroy or cripple a small business. Word of mouth is everything. I'm glad this isn't my only income. I would of hated it if i had to send my wife out to find some filthy rich old man that would pay her for some services....Haha....Only kidding.....I think.....SMDH.....There is still a few legal options people can take if Loki files bankrupcty. It might not be worth it for only a few hundred dollars. Okay, I'm finished bitching for now. I'm going to bed now.

crazyfish

Fanatic
Wow. That really sucks. I was waiting on 3 lowers. Every time some came in, I waited to let others go first because I wasn't in a hurry. I was planning builds for my daughters. Oh well. I should say that it's probably my fault. I never do group buys and the last two were this one and the other lower group buy that tanked on the "other" site.

I agree Chris. I wish there would of been a, "Hey guys, just a heads up, there might be some tough times coming up with LWS, I'll keep you updated on what our future holds" Or something like this. Everyone being left in the dark is borderline pathetic. We got chunked straight into the lions den. I thank God my 14 rifle order (most of them billet models) was completed. I would of had to sell one of my vehicles or a kidney to pay customers back on that one.
Jeremy, Im sorry for you. You win some and lose some, and some come with lessons and experience that require high tuition. You take this the right way, and Im sure you will, you will be a wiser and better business owner and you will pay yourself back in spades.

Jrabbit771

Well-Known Fanatic
Erik text messaged me last night and told me to call him this morning, I tried calling him, but now his cell phone is disconnected or his number has been changed. I learned a very important lesson. When it comes to business, "win some lose some" is fairly rare when it comes to products of this type. But i understand what you mean.

I thought Erik was different than what he turned out to be. Screwing this many people over while avoiding all of them, shows the true character of him. Nothing more than a poser. He handled this in the worst possible way and it doesn't seem like he is losing any sleep over it. That's the disturbing part. All about his self and eff everyone else.

I'm over it and will move on from here. Luckily my 2 customers are understanding. They are going to work with me until I can get the money to pay them back or order them something different. At least I still have my lifetime warranty on my 2 personal Loki rifles......wait.......?!?! Haha

Brandi

Well-Known Fanatic
I wonder what the chance of someone selling a Loki lower now is? Is the already manufactured stuff now worth its original value since all the warranties are worthless or do they now have some collectability value? I've GOT to find a lower to match up with my upper.

The Antichrome

I wonder what the chance of someone selling a Loki lower now is? Is the already manufactured stuff now worth its original value since all the warranties are worthless or do they now have some collectability value? I've GOT to find a lower to match up with my upper.

If anybody out there has a loki lower, I'm sure they'd be happy to sell it.
The lowers were made by Nordic, they're good stuff. The warranty is out the window now.
I doubt there is any collector value...novelty maybe.
There are lots of lowers out there that'll match up to your upper.

FWIW: Ft Chaffee Outfitters in Fort Smith, AR has quite a few Loki rifles in stock, they may have a lower?

Jrabbit771

Well-Known Fanatic
I might have to sell my newest billet Loki Tactical rifle I bought so I can refund my customers. It's basically brand new. I hate selling any personal guns. I would rather get kicked in the nuts

The second I heard about this, I stripped the billet receivers off my 223 and sold em for $200 and they were almost $600 new. I wouldnt shoot a loki rifle, or take one if you gave it to me. So thats my position on their "value". But Mike's right; theyre all the same for the most point. matching receivers or not, it doesnt matter.

also, the truth is; we dont know how Erik is dealing with this, or how he feels with it. People react to failure in different ways; in some very self-descructive ways. Denial, or ignoring is the first step, possibly.

In the overall scheme of things; his clients may have made out much easier than he did, or does. Something to think about before we light the torches.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
The lowers were made by Nordic, they're good stuff. The warranty is out the window now.

Really? You mean they had so many orders they couldn't make their own on their Mori Seiki CNC 5 axis machining center? They even told me they were doing their design and programming with Solidworks CAD/CAM software.

If they really had this equipment and software they had real issues and were doomed to failure. I could easily build 100 matched billet uppers and lowers a week with this caliber of equipment. Maybe they didn't but thats what they told me.

dennishoddy

Really? You mean they had so many orders they couldn't make their own on their Mori Seiki CNC 5 axis machining center? They even told me they were doing their design and programming with Solidworks CAD/CAM software.

If they really had this equipment and software they had real issues and were doomed to failure. I could easily build 100 matched billet uppers and lowers a week with this caliber of equipment. Maybe they didn't but thats what they told me.

Thats what the salesman told them. Without the proper scheduling and tooling, it might have taken longer.
I used to work at a machine shop that used a 3" twist drill to rough in a hole in 4" material.
I borrowed a core bore with inserts from the shop next door and show'd them how to cut that hole in 1/4th of the time.
The foreman threw up his hands and said they could sharpen up the twist drill cheaper than buying carbide inserts.
To this day, they still do this. I give up.

The Antichrome

Much of their stuff was outsourced and assembled.

Brandi

Well-Known Fanatic
No one cares if your lower does not match your upper. People only care if your shoes do not match your belt.

I care...I totally understand there's animosity invoved now but I want my uppers and lowers to match, maybe it's a chick thing but it's important to me. I guess i won't be wearing my Loki hat to the range.

Brandi

Well-Known Fanatic
Much of their stuff was outsourced and assembled.

Makes me wonder if they made my 6.5 Grendel upper or had it outsourced. I know he said i held the distinction of being the first pink gun (upper or lower) to ever be built by Loki. I guess that's not such a bragging point anymore :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts