Sold/Expired LOKI Weapon Systems Group Buy - UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrabbit771

Well-Known Fanatic
Anyone have any information on what's going on? I received a anonymous message on a site I'm a member of (not Boomer Shooter or any BS member) informing me that Loki might be closing the doors. Loki is the only rifle I advertised to customers. I'm still shy 2 billet rifles that customers paid for in full. I can't get any news on what's going on. I've been out of the loop for awhile due to my 7 month old son having some major medical problems.

Im trying to figure out what to tell my customers. I won't be happy if I have to come up with $3,500 for these 2 rifles. I text Erik that I would call him today and he said that's cool. My call(s) were never answered. I would think that Loki would get with any customers or dealers that have paid and let them know what's going on. I guess people don't always do the right Hopefully things get worked out, but something doesn't seem right at all. I will refrain from saying what's really on my mind until I find out the truth.

Everyone is treating it like some secret and not saying anything. When it comes to me having to fork over several thousand dollars, I will ask questions and keep asking until I know. When it has the potential to effect my family, It becomes a little more than "business" to me.

Jrabbit771

Well-Known Fanatic
I just feel like I'm about to get effed over. I hope Loki gets everything straightened out. I hate to see a local business struggle. Both of my personal Lokis are top notch, so I'm not bitching about their quality. I guess I felt like bitching. If anyone knows any 411 or details, please fill me in. Erik has always returned my calls, so hopefully that stays the same. Well I better go take my Midol, might double up on it this time. I didn't want anyone taking my previous post the wrong way. There is a lot people wanting answers.

Depending on what happens with Loki, there is several different options customers can take. Hopefully Loki gets back on their feet if they are indeed struggling with funds so we don't have to worry about losing money. (This is an Ambien induced post, just got off work)

ChrisC

Revolver Division
I gotta go through there this week to file charges in Durant. I'll swing through the industrial park in atoka to see if the lights are on.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Not really an update about LOKI but good on BS for stepping up in a time of need.

So WTF IS UP WITH LOKI? ????

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I was told that the ATF has revoked Loki's license and they wil be filing bancruptcy. I have heard a lot of second hand information and none of it seems to jive. So at this point we have accepted that Loki is not going to be shipping us our lowers and that we will not get a refund either.

We will be reimbuersing our members for their loss on this group buy once the rifle giveaway is complete.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Really disappointing on how Erik is handling the situation.
Big thanks to Brandon and Jesse for coming up with a way to get the money back to those who haven't received their parts.

Boomer Shooter members might be the only people getting reimbursed on this deal, so again, BIG THANKS to the owners and moderators here.

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
Really disappointing on how Erik is handling the situation.
Big thanks to Brandon and Jesse for coming up with a way to get the money back to those who haven't received their parts.

Boomer Shooter members might be the only people getting reimbursed on this deal, so again, BIG THANKS to the owners and moderators here.

That's no joke about BS. I don't know of any other forum that would do that. I'll be donating.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
I was told that the ATF has revoked Loki's license and they wil be filing bancruptcy. I have heard a lot of second hand information and none of it seems to jive. So at this point we have accepted that Loki is not going to be shipping us our lowers and that we will not get a refund either.

We will be reimbuersing our members for their loss on this group buy once the rifle giveaway is complete.

Wow that is unheard of... i would suggest everyone here talk to anyone and everyone they know about how great BS is!!!

Strokin04

Grits N Gravy
Big thanks to BS for going above and beyond for their members. I figured I was out a lower but, was happy that it wasn't a complete rifle.

So THANK YOU!!!!

shooterdave

Uncivil Servant
FWIW, there are several rumors floating around about LOKI. While I'm not sure as to the whys, the ATF has pulled their FFL. If I understand correctly, it had something to do with a lawsuit over design infringements... Not sure if they were the plaintiffs or defendants. I have also heard that issue was compounded by a their main supplier not being able to ship components that had already been paid for. Has anyone heard of a major supplier filing bankruptcy lately? Again, this is not gospel, but there aren't many secrets in small towns. Id imagine there is a kernel of truth to some of this.

I can say this, the doors are closed, the lights are off, and the workers have been "let go". I truly hope that Eric can/does make things right with those who have paid orders placed, BS members or not. Like many of you, I gave them lots of business and spent a sizable amount of money because they made a good product AND they were a local company. This is a tough pill to swallow.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
FWIW, there are several rumors floating around about LOKI. While I'm not sure as to the whys, the ATF has pulled their FFL. If I understand correctly, it had something to do with a lawsuit over design infringements... Not sure if they were the plaintiffs or defendants. I have also heard that issue was compounded by a their main supplier not being able to ship components that had already been paid for. Has anyone heard of a major supplier filing bankruptcy lately? Again, this is not gospel, but there aren't many secrets in small towns. Id imagine there is a kernel of truth to some of this.

I can say this, the doors are closed, the lights are off, and the workers have been "let go". I truly hope that Eric can/does make things right with those who have paid orders placed, BS members or not. Like many of you, I gave them lots of business and spent a sizable amount of money because they made a good product AND they were a local company. This is a tough pill to swallow.

I "heard" the license was lost due to improper transfers from when the company first started. I also "heard" that parts have been hard to get but not impossible. Obviously losing a license is a deal breaker but not getting parts which results in not shipping guns means revenue goes away once folks like our group buy quits prepaying. It's an ugly downward spiral as I see it. But again these are all just rumors and speculating on the cause doesn't change the effect. Thankfully with the help of our sponsors and our generous members we are all going to be able to help each other.

Jrabbit771

Well-Known Fanatic
I think I will go hang myself now. I thought everything bought from Loki was "pre paid". I sent a cashiers check to Loki after the customers paid me. Well I guess I will have to find a way to come up with $3,500 to pay the 2 customers back. My FFL is out of my garage and I only order when someone wants something and pays me first. My ol' bun hole is def going to hurt on this one.

My wife is going to be steaming hot.....Merry Christmas to me and my family. Tis the season to be jolly......SMDH.

Thanks for getting me up to date. Anyone want to take over the rifles I'm waiting on? .......I had to try.

Jrabbit771

Well-Known Fanatic
I feel like I'm about to have a Clark Griswold moment, like when he didn't get the Christmas bonus he was expecting.....Who wants to act as my cousin Eddie?

Brandi

Well-Known Fanatic
I kept hoping it wasn't going to be this bad. Loki made my upper and were supposed to be building my lower to match. A couple months ago Erik took the order and told me he would try really hard to have it done by Christmas. Looks like there will be no matching lower for Christmas :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts