Sold/Expired Loki Complete Uppers Group Buy (Interest Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aestus

Well-Known Fanatic
Title says it all. Instead of cluttering up Matt's loki thread with interest posts for uppers, I'm starting this new one to gauge interest.

I'm thinking about running another group buy for Loki complete uppers. The group buy last fall was successful and we're all enjoying our uppers from that buy. However, due it's proximity to the holidays, a lot of people who thought could participate didn't. A complete upper group buy over the summer should prove to have even more participants than the one late last fall.

If I do choose to run this, it will start sometime in June, possibly as late as the first part of July. I'd like to start it early June so it can run a month before payments are due sometime mid July. This avoids cutting into people's August back to school funds.

If you are interested, please post what type of upper you think would be interested and number of uppers.

Thanks!

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
14.5" midlength with moe handguards and pinned SPR/M4 blackout mount . Standard BCG and CH.

Or 16" midlength with moe handguards. standard BCG and ch.

I can provide the SPR/m4 Blackout.

FSB on both.

aestus

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't recall ever seeing 6.8 on their website. I know they used to offer 6.5 grendel, but it seems like they pulled that from the website, as well. Looks like they're only supporting 5.56 and 300 blackout.

aestus

Well-Known Fanatic
Looks like there's good enough general interest for the uppers. I've already contacted Erik at Loki and he's interested. I'm going to call him over the weekend to discuss details and solidify if this is a go / no go and discount rate. He is backlogged (about 8 weeks currently) and it will probably get worse as we near elections. AR components are drying up everywhere even for him, so if this group buy does happen, it's probably safe to say that it might be a while before you get your upper. Just expect that this probably won't be a quick turnaround for this.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Looks like there's good enough general interest for the uppers. I've already contacted Erik at Loki and he's interested. I'm going to call him over the weekend to discuss details and solidify if this is a go / no go and discount rate. He is backlogged (about 8 weeks currently) and it will probably get worse as we near elections. AR components are drying up everywhere even for him, so if this group buy does happen, it's probably safe to say that it might be a while before you get your upper. Just expect that this probably won't be a quick turnaround for this.

Whatever turn around time Erik tells you please add 2-3 weeks before telling the forum. Things are slow right now cause everybody is busy. I don't want folks getting hot under the collar because of a slow group buy.

aestus

Well-Known Fanatic
Whatever turn around time Erik tells you please add 2-3 weeks before telling the forum. Things are slow right now cause everybody is busy. I don't want folks getting hot under the collar because of a slow group buy.

Agreed. Right now I'm setting the expectation that you probably won't see the upper until Christmas.

aestus

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm out. Sorry but Christmas is not soon enough.

Yeah, sorry but that's just extra insurance due to limited supplies and over demand. There's already an 8 week wait for current orders and and that wait keeps going up. If payments were sent in July, the best you would look at is October if everything goes well and there's no delays in the orders in front of the line before the group buys. Nothing is set in stone yet, and I'll know more after talking to him this weekend. It's safe to expect a 3-4 month turnaround after payments are sent in though.

Status
Not open for further replies.