Loading port on JM 930 , How much!

Karsten Andreasen

Active Fanatic
Hi there

Does anyone have Pictures on how much you opened the loading port on your JM 930 PRO?

I do L2 loading and I´m not sure if i can open the port to much or the more the better?

Thanks

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Here are a couple of pics of mine. Non loading port side I went all the way down to the angled area. Loading port side I went down until I was about to hit the pin for the carrier latch. Front I rounded off so it no longer says Mossberg 930. Last 2 pics are older, I went down a little farther since those pics. Top pic is final product. I can get more pics tomorrow. Gun is in the safe and the wife is asleep.

FullSizeRender2_zps2ec96822.jpg

FullSizeRender1_zps850f9b8e.jpg

FullSizeRender2_zps1273d86b.jpg

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
No problem. As Matt said, take your time and go slow. I actually did mine in 4 different sessions. Took some off, tried it out, and then took some more off. Happened over about 5 or 6 months before I got it were a realy liked it. Most of the guys I shoot with didn't go as far as me, but I have huge hands so taking off more helps me. I used a file to do all of the trimming and only used a dremel with a sanding disk to smooth things out.

c_hatch

Well-Known Fanatic
Anyone know of a place in texas that I could take mine? I dont really want to send it off to crums, I did mine but I just want to have someone clean it up a bit.

Trunk Monkey

Well-Known Fanatic
Here is my first loading port attempt. I just sent my carrier off to C-rums to be welded so I won't know if I took off enough for a couple of weeks.
adf81641fc4639310a2ec61ab140791d.jpg
dbc627cc344134e33c72a6c1c8985317.jpg
d97c67252d9b1474363ddd5eb7145c3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trunk Monkey

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks, I have started beveling the hand guard but will probably take off some more before I finish it. I also am having to send the barrel back to mossberg because the screw in chokes were threaded offset to the bore. You really noticed it when you put the Briley extended choke in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cajunautoxer

Well-Known Fanatic
c_hatch said:
Anyone know of a place in texas that I could take mine? I dont really want to send it off to crums, I did mine but I just want to have someone clean it up a bit.
What part of TX are you? Dissident Arms (Houston) did mine and at the same time I had them replace my firing pin at the same time since they are soft and can mushroom after 1k rounds. Mine did around 1300 shells. My SPX had 3k and still worked when I bought my Pro

Latest posts