Light up the sky..brightly

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I was wondering if this news story was spread to other areas of the country, as it was quite an impressive display.
Anyone see or hear on your news about the fire & explosion in Clinton Township Monday night ?

Monday night, I turned on the news to see a fireball shooting high into the night sky... A huge fireball, that continued to erupt.
WTF is this ? Only information was it was in Clinton Township..some distance east of us, and in the area where our oldest son is living.
A warehouse ? Industrial storage facility? ? factory ?... was burning & exploding, sending shrapnel flying great distances.
Roads were closed around the area, flames visible for 5 miles & explosions shaking windows & shrapnel flying 2-3 miles away.
I was concerned as our son lives nearby , had stayed late @ our house & was heading home about the time the fire started ( 9 p.m.)
There was also concern over the possibility of hazardous or toxic fumes from the unknown burning chemicals,.. hazmat team was called out for an air quality evaluation, but had to wait until fire became controlled to do testing.

Tues.a.m. more information became available. Learned the following morning it was a "storefront" selling vaping products.
There were canisters of nitrous oxide, butane, lighter fluid, and over 100,000 vaping pens ( w/ lithium batteries) stored there.
Last fire inspection reported that none of the canisters of nitrous or butane were present @ time of inspection, they were illegally stored there.
As the building burned, canisters exploded, becoming projectiles. Building next to that storage facility had several holes thru their cinder block walls from the canisters / shrapnel. One 19 y/o was killed after being struck by a canister, he was standing @ a car wash, watching the fire. 1/4 mile away.

Firefighters had difficulty extinguishing the blaze, and as of 8 a.m. today ( Wed.) there are still small pockets of fire burning..building is totally gone, melted & blown apart, just a pile of rubble.

A google search of YouTube for" Clinton township fire" has some videos.. like this one :
Fires continue to flare up at Clinton Township explosion site
https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/fir...explosion-site

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I was wondering if this news story was spread to other areas of the country, as it was quite an impressive display.
Anyone see or hear on your news about the fire & explosion in Clinton Township Monday night ?

Monday night, I turned on the news to see a fireball shooting high into the night sky... A huge fireball, that continued to erupt.
WTF is this ? Only information was it was in Clinton Township..some distance east of us, and in the area where our oldest son is living.
A warehouse ? Industrial storage facility? ? factory ?... was burning & exploding, sending shrapnel flying great distances.
Roads were closed around the area, flames visible for 5 miles & explosions shaking windows & shrapnel flying 2-3 miles away.
I was concerned as our son lives nearby , had stayed late @ our house & was heading home about the time the fire started ( 9 p.m.)
There was also concern over the possibility of hazardous or toxic fumes from the unknown burning chemicals,.. hazmat team was called out for an air quality evaluation, but had to wait until fire became controlled to do testing.

Tues.a.m. more information became available. Learned the following morning it was a "storefront" selling vaping products.
There were canisters of nitrous oxide, butane, lighter fluid, and over 100,000 vaping pens ( w/ lithium batteries) stored there.
Last fire inspection reported that none of the canisters of nitrous or butane were present @ time of inspection, they were illegally stored there.
As the building burned, canisters exploded, becoming projectiles. Building next to that storage facility had several holes thru their cinder block walls from the canisters / shrapnel. One 19 y/o was killed after being struck by a canister, he was standing @ a car wash, watching the fire. 1/4 mile away.

Firefighters had difficulty extinguishing the blaze, and as of 8 a.m. today ( Wed.) there are still small pockets of fire burning..building is totally gone, melted & blown apart, just a pile of rubble.

A google search of YouTube for" Clinton township fire" has some videos.. like this one :
Fires continue to flare up at Clinton Township explosion site
https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/fir...explosion-site
Well Gretchen let's hear your input. If it was any way related to firearms we'd be facing a ton of new restrictions. As it is nothing will be said, because don't cha know vaping is legal. Holy crap. Glad your son is alright. As a side note We live in a small village in west/central Mi. We have our townhall right across the road, and we now have fema in the hall. WTF? They are supposedly renting the hall for a couple weeks because 7 months ago we had a weather related problem, and they're here to do what they can to help. Yeah your a.. sucks canal water. Me and many others are angry and very concerned re: what they are really up to?

Latest posts