Laser engraving...

D & R Gunsmithing

Well-Known Fanatic
We now have a laser engraver in the shop and are able to produce what you need done. Custom logos on ar lowers, custom logos on stocks and forearms and much more. Also need a gift laser engraved we can produce that too.

TheSwampFox

Well-Known Fanatic
Does this mean you can do the SBR engraving required by the ATF? I hope so. I was just about to drop my receiver off in the mail but I would much rather deal locally.

PapaBear

Well-Known Fanatic
Doesn't the SBR engraving have to be IN the metal?

Not sure the penetration of the laser stuff is deep/good enough is it?

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
With enough power laser engraving works for marking NFA items.

Rich your timing is perfect I have a couple of items which need to be marked, talk to ya soon!

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
My neighbor just asked me about what to do with his 1911. He said the serial numbers on the frame are very shallow and he is worried that duracoating it will conceal them. Could your engraving process deepen the existing serial # ? I'll pass y'all's info along

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
I spoke with D&R about the laser and it will not meet the NFA regs for marking. They do offer conventional engraving, out-sourced for now, I should have a couple things finished up this week by them.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
Got them back and they look OK. Rich realized after the fact that there was enough room to go to a larger font size which would have looked better and been easier to read.
Once again I'll point out D&R didn't do these but they hope to be able to do so shortly.

As for pic's sorry these are SBR's and I'm not gonna show my info. Besides I don't have a pic account set up, I'm web challenged that-a-way!

TheSwampFox

Well-Known Fanatic
Very nice. And one for the wifey too, I like it. Sounds like my wife, she loves knives. Between her knives and my guns if we ever have a domestic violence situation its going to be messy lol :lol: