Lame Brained Politicians

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
When a drunk driver plows into a car and kills a family of 5 there's neve any talk about closing bars and banning the sale of alcohol. And it's never referred to as "car violence". But no hesitation to call any shooting as "gun violence" rather than mentally deranged people violence. No talk about the number of shooting in Chicago this past weekend and talk of bringing "stop and frisk" and patrolling the streets with aggressive police action. But the simple minded politicians, as we knew they would, immediately start the talk of banning high cap magazines, military rifles being sold to civilians (and no military rifles have yet to be used in any mass shooting in the United States that I'm aware of) and even mass confiscation. They predictably take the easy was to legislate social problems. The liberal element are stepping forward en mass with some form of gun legislation. Shootings have been in "gun free zones". Another idiotic way to deal with deranged, troubled people. Why not just replace the "no concealed guns" signs with signs stating "no killing in this establishment". Sure the lunatics would heed those signs and move along to a place welcoming active shooters. The politicians seem to always seek a simple solution to a very complex problem. I was a police officer for a number of years and being actively proactive was much more effective than simply being reactive. And how many of these people involved in the shootings have sent out warning signs that were simply ignored because either they were minors or loop holes in such laws that would keep these people off the streets and out of the public domain.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
@marinedoc--you post proves that the dementocraps have an agenda. otherwise they would address

1. cars kill mor e people than guns ever will.

2. dui and distracted drivers are murderers

3. most gun deaths (as they define it) are suicides.

4 >90% of all gun related deaths and injuries are committed dementocrap voting ghetto thugs and felons as well as illegals doing what they do best--it is NOT legal gun owners who pose the threat most of the time

5.guns do not kill--people do

6. law enforcement and max sentencing works

PhilaPop

Well-Known Fanatic
MD- Great analysis, hadn't thought of it in that vein. Thx for the writing, and if you don't mind I'll pass your insights along, even to a few non-gun supporters. Additionally, how many kids are killed in car accidents related to "distracted" driving? So why not make it illegal for anyone under 21 to have a cell phone?

How many people die from car accidents caused by high speed driving? So how about modifying ALL car engines to not be allowed to exceed 70 mph? Do engine jobs on ALL the Corvettes and Porsches in CA? Can you imagine buying a Porsche and getting from 0 to 70 in 3.x seconds and then the engine cuts off or reduces the speed automatically? Who needs a car that can drive 150 mph? Sound familiar?

How about if we sue Porsche (sorry Porsche owners, only using you for an ex) for all car deaths involving their car? Porsche knows that people driving 150 mph are more prone to get into an accident that if they drove 65 mph. They created a killing machine! It's not the drivers fault, it's Porsche's fault! Don't just sue them, put them in jail!

P.S.- the Police are going to go door-to-door confiscating cars and making the lawfull modifications. AND, we're going to charge the car owners for all incurred costs.

Thx guys, I feel better now...

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
MD- Great analysis, hadn't thought of it in that vein. Thx for the writing, and if you don't mind I'll pass your insights along, even to a few non-gun supporters. Additionally, how many kids are killed in car accidents related to "distracted" driving? So why not make it illegal for anyone under 21 to have a cell phone?

How many people die from car accidents caused by high speed driving? So how about modifying ALL car engines to not be allowed to exceed 70 mph? Do engine jobs on ALL the Corvettes and Porsches in CA? Can you imagine buying a Porsche and getting from 0 to 70 in 3.x seconds and then the engine cuts off or reduces the speed automatically? Who needs a car that can drive 150 mph? Sound familiar?

How about if we sue Porsche (sorry Porsche owners, only using you for an ex) for all car deaths involving their car? Porsche knows that people driving 150 mph are more prone to get into an accident that if they drove 65 mph. They created a killing machine! It's not the drivers fault, it's Porsche's fault! Don't just sue them, put them in jail!

P.S.- the Police are going to go door-to-door confiscating cars and making the lawfull modifications. AND, we're going to charge the car owners for all incurred costs.

Thx guys, I feel better now...
Was in the library a couple of days ago and on a magazine on the rack was the headlines saying in effect "Gun Violence" and then in smaller letters giving the Walmart store as where the occurrence occurred. I very loudly to my wife said "there they go again. Never a mention of "car violence" when a car kills someone". Got a dirty look from a couple of the women working behind the desk, but certainly no rebuttal.

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
The worst mass shooting doesn't equal a Chicago weekend , but media hypes the shite out of it instilling fear , prejudice , mass hysteria , and knee jerk reactions that don't solve anything and actually cause more problems . Gun free zones are one of these knee jerk reactions . As long as the left believes criminals obey laws and inanimate objects ( guns ) are the problem , nothing will change . It will worsen .