know of any longrange classes

john.boy1985

Fanatic
hey guys first post here ..was told about this by eric davis at loki. but any way im looking for a longrange marksman/sniper class thats not 4 days away from me thanks guys im located on the AR/OK border

john.boy1985

Fanatic
im not sure why it didnt show my full post ..im sure i messed sumthing up buut Exsniper how can i git some info on the classes and where are the located thanks

Steve Aryan

Active Fanatic
Bobbys out at Badlands is a great place and I would suggest it as a must have for everyone. That being said I am teaching the long range stuff here at USSA and its part of our new training group. I will be teaching 90min blocks every Sunday covering different drills ect.

ExSniper

Well-Known Fanatic
I did not know USSA was teaching long-range. That would be closer. What is the course going to cover?

Steve Aryan

Active Fanatic
I will be teaching:
Fundamentals, Natural point of aim,Trigger management ect
Zeroing and point blank range relationship
Wind, mirage calls
Reticle breakdowns/holdovers
Being accurate vs hitting your point of aim
And a bunch more. I'm on my phone so I don't have everything right here and our table just got called so it's dinner time!!!

Zeroing

Steve Aryan

Active Fanatic
They will be at USSA. Its part of the training group. It will be 90min classes every Sunday. You get unlimited training group and range access for $50 per month. So pistol, rifle, carbine, shotgun classes every week and range membership for $50 per month. That being said I do suggest Badlands. He is a phenom shooter and instructor.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
They don't shoot little mouse guns down there though which is what most of us non Uber snipers use.

WE NEED A GOOD AR15 SNIPER SCHOOL FOR SHOOTING OUT TO 600 WITH LOW TO MID RANGE OPITCS.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Red Neck Tactical teased us with a possibly class this summer but nothing ever blossomed. I will revisit Mr. Weakhands schedule with him to see if he can put something together at OKCGC.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Stay tuned for something special here guys - We have been in talks with a sponsor from Badlands Tactical and maybe some raffles for some training....

Josh-L

Fanatic
Wes at Practical Shooting in McCloud is putting on a series of long range classes. You should have no problem using a 223 in them. I shoot a 223 Rem 700 now with no issues. I have been to Badlands too and their facility is awesome. If you're LE then the first week in November at Oklahoma county is their LR school.

john.boy1985

Fanatic
ya i hope something comes up ..im shooting a savage 10fp .308 and the furthest range that i can shoot is 150m at our range here in van buren. wich is pritty pointless for my 308

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Just wanted to let you guys know - I posted 2 auctions for BadLands Tactical Training - good for ANY of their classes in 2011 - this can cover the $625 - sniper class - and they auctions are starting at just $200 per certificate - a chance to get a GREAT deal on a GREAT class

Steve Aryan

Active Fanatic
[quote author=Wormydog1724 link=topic=143.msg1204#msg1204 date=1285682681]
That's sounds facking funtastic. Is there a website or how and where do I sign up?
[/quote]
Sorry for the delay. Missed this somehow. Go to www.usshootingacademy.com for more info on that.

You can bring a AR15 to my precision class no worries. It has its advantages and its weaknesses. Unfortunately we only go out to 300 though. 600 is where we need to be for the 556 platform. My precision class got moved to Wednesday afternoons though....

Latest posts