Knee pad recommendation

MG23

Well-Known Fanatic
After my Hockey injury and surgery in November I still can not kneel or put any pressure on my left knee. This is due to them cutting my whole knee open to put the titanium rod in and through my tibia. If I do a reverse kneeling for a stage, I feel it. I know a knee pad will not stop all the pain but it will minimize it.

I have some from Academy..Tony Hawk brand and some from Voodoo Tactical. Both are comfortable and work well

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I bought some gel filled carpenter's (not Jared Carpenter) knee pads from Lowes. They have a hard outer surface that makes it easy to move around on. Very comfortable & cost less than $30

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
I had a rebuild of my left patellar tendon and I lost 30% of it due to scar tissue. I feel your pain. I have found that the simple "Jumpers strap" helps. Also, I have some of those Surplus .gov tan ones that work in a pinch. Used them laying a floor in the chicken coop a couple weeks back.

I am thankful my fire bunker gear has pads in the knees, but they could use more. Before the surgery, I couldn't put any pressure on the knee.

I had some of the 5.11 pants that had the knee pads build in. Those are nice.

MG23

Well-Known Fanatic
Adam I have those 511 pants at work I'll have to dig them out of my locker and give them a try. I totally forgot about having them. we switched to truspec pants a couple years ago and they are just sitting in my locker now.

Latest posts