kimber solo carry

chazroh

Active Fanatic
anyone interested in the new solo carry. i just sold my sig p238 to fund a solo carry. it looks realy nice, and how about the price? a 6-7 hundred kimber 9mm, i am at least going to give it a try.

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic
I have been looking into one, went by Sports World and handled the one there. I am probably gonna wait til they are out and see what people think, and see if I can shoot one.

Tsquare1

Well-Known Fanatic
I liked the feel of it, but it does look a tad ugly. It is a good 9mm in pocket size though. I am going to wait and see if they have any issues before I jump on one though.

Michael1

Founding Member
I'm pretty sure that is my next gun

Which style does Sportsworld have? I like the full stainless better

chazroh

Active Fanatic
i called them thursday and they said they had one on display. i went in there yesterday to see it and they said someone was too rough with it and they took it off display. it wasnt theirs or something. i was not happy to drive up there to find that out.

maxim240sx

Active Fanatic
They have the two tone one on display @ H&H. Actually a decent price for them, was $669 for preorders. Its a nice gun. But for the price IDK if I'd buy one. There's always the ruger LC9 thats out for about half the price. But then again its not a kimber lol.

If I use a sharpie to scrawl "kimber" on a hi-point, would you all be apeshit to get one of those too?
It may very well be a great gun, but give it a little time on the street before you put it up for sainthood.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
This thread needs a picture
solocarry.jpg

solocarrystainless.png

spd522

Fanatic
I kind of agree with Mike. I handled one at the SHOT Show and was impressed with the feel and smoothness of the trigger.
But I wouldn't want to get the guinea pig for quality control. It seems every new model has some teething issues
and I doubt this is any different.

From what I saw, I liked the SOLO. But I didn't see anything over the Kahr P9 or PM9 that I normally carry.
And the Kahrs are lighter weight.

Craig

chazroh

Active Fanatic
I think I will let it get around and tested before I jump in. I am just going to get a 3in 1911. I may get one eventually but like you mentioned I don't want to be the guinea pig. Being a new concept for kimber I feel like I should wait and see.
Btw thanks for the pics burk.

jamie_s_72

Well-Known Fanatic
Like any new gun on the market I'm sure it will have some issues with it's first production butyou never know it may be the best shooter ever and then again it may be the biggest piece of junk you've ever held. I called Murfs in Duncan and their prices will be the cheapest I've found at $615. Not going to be in stock for another month though. I looked at one over at H&H and I think they were asking $269 and a waiting list as well

andrsnsm

Well-Known Fanatic
I was holding off buying anything else because I have my name down for a Solo at The Firing Pin but a ran across a beautiful Sig P239 SAS that I couldn't pass up. I hope I can still scrape some money together for the Solo before it comes in.

youravrgcracker

Fanatic
I think I will let it get around and tested before I jump in. I am just going to get a 3in 1911. I may get one eventually but like you mentioned I don't want to be the guinea pig. Being a new concept for kimber I feel like I should wait and see.
Btw thanks for the pics burk.

i've been hunting a used ultra carry hard to find

Deacon

Well-Known Fanatic
Unless you guys have the mad money, I'd wait on it.

I'm shopping for a "gentleman's CCW" piece and eyeballed this for a while. The reliability reviews are less than stellar. Kimbers are generally hit/miss out of the factory, but golden once trained hands have gone through them.

Latest posts