Kid-size .22s

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Anyone know off-hand of any .22LR pistols that are small enough for a child to fire and not a piece of crap? It may be time to get one for my older daughter.

dennishoddy

NAA makes some that are tiny. Belly guns though, and not good for a kid to learn on.
Interesting post. I'll be looking for what others come up with.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
I think the Walther P22 or Sig Mosquito would work. They have smaller frames that may be good for a youth female. My buddy's wife is pretty petite and she shoots a Walther P22.

Smitcheck

Active Fanatic
Love the Ruger sr22. Got it so the 10yr old can shoot. 500 rounds through it and not a single ftf.
Would be glad to meet you and let you shoot it if you like.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
I bought a Walther P22 back when they first came out. We wore it out teaching kids to shoot.

Ruger looks like they may be building a better mousetrap... no zinc. After the Ruger recall ( as always on their new guns) and the bugs get worked out - the SR22 Pistol may be the way to go.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
I bought a Walther P22 back when they first came out. We wore it out teaching kids to shoot.

Ruger looks like they may be building a better mousetrap... no zinc. After the Ruger recall ( as always on their new guns) and the bugs get worked out - the SR22 Pistol may be the way to go.
My 4yr old was able to shoot the sr22 with a little help.

ShaneP

Looks good to me
My 7yr old son and 9yr old daughter both are able to shoot and enjoy my Ruger MKII and MKIII, however for smaller hands the Sig Mosquito, Walther P22, or Ruger SR22 (no experience with this one personally) would probably be a better choice

Joel Clouse

El Conquistador
My wife bought us a P22 the other day, mainly for the kids to shoot, our 9 year old loves it! He had been shooting a M&P22 rental from Heartland and the P22 fits his hand just right.

aeropb

Well-Known Fanatic
The mosquito, the p22, and the S&W 22A we had on the rent rack @ H&H never lasted long. They're cheap guns so don't expect a lot. After a year the frame on the 22A was bent beyond repair. The P22 and mosquito didn't even last that long. Ruger MK3's and Buckmarks are champions, but don't fit small hands really well.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
The mosquito, the p22, and the S&W 22A we had on the rent rack @ H&H never lasted long. They're cheap guns so don't expect a lot. After a year the frame on the 22A was bent beyond repair. The P22 and mosquito didn't even last that long. Ruger MK3's and Buckmarks are champions, but don't fit small hands really well.

What about the m&p22 pistol?

twobravo

Fanatic
I bought a Ruger SR-22 pistol for students to use. My kids like it a lot especially with the smaller grip option it comes with. I see students have less trouble with it than they Walther P-22 or Sig Mosquito. Every Sig Mosquito that's ever come through my class jams up on the student before we can even shoot 50 rounds. The Walther P-22's do better but I don't like the magazine eject on them and they still don't seem to be as reliable as the Ruger. That's my $.02 for today.

Latest posts