Keep your rounds in the range

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Nobody was hurt. It's unfortunate for the house, but if the guy can afford to own a howitzer and the ammo to feed it, I'm sure he's got the money to fix the damage to the house.

I wonder if channels 4 5 & 9 will be covering this story tomorrow.
"Cannon round flew threw bedroom wall, and what police say spawned such a violent act"

dennishoddy

From what I've read, it was a pure accident. The owner of the cannon, met with the folks and offered to pay all damages, and the owner of OFASTS also came to the house to apologize and offer assistance.

Lets hope some jack in the box DA doesn't want to make a name for himself and get involved.

Jonathan Waits

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
That was my first thought too but it doesn't sound like the parties involved are gonna be A holes about it. Only time will tell.
Well those parties perhaps, but they did say the ATF may get involved, so someones going to be an a hole still.

this thread sucks, threads like this are why I thought a general discussion section was a bad idea.
guys are gonna read this and then go to their buddiers and say **** like "did you hear? a 105 round from that auto shoot went thru a house and killed a dog"

If I want threads of guys copying facebook- type news articles then Ill go to ok shooters.

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
mike cyrwus said:
this thread sucks, threads like this are why I thought a general discussion section was a bad idea.
guys are gonna read this and then go to their buddiers and say **** like "did you hear? a 105 round from that auto shoot went thru a house and killed a dog"

If I want threads of guys copying facebook- type news articles then Ill go to ok shooters.
x2

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Good friend of mine was a Marine reservist back in the mid 90's and was arty. They went down to Ft Sill for the 2 week summer training. While they were there an Army reserve unit sent a couple of rounds a couple of clicks off target. Took out the main satelites for the TV stations. Luckily no one was hurt, but lots of property damage. The ARmy guys of course tried to blame it on the Marines. CO of that unit ended up facing court martial due to lying about what happened.

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
Tuflehundon said:
Good friend of mine was a Marine reservist back in the mid 90's and was arty. They went down to Ft Sill for the 2 week summer training. While they were there an Army reserve unit sent a couple of rounds a couple of clicks off target. Took out the main satelites for the TV stations. Luckily no one was hurt, but lots of property damage. The ARmy guys of course tried to blame it on the Marines. CO of that unit ended up facing court martial due to lying about what happened.
Rob- Similar thing happened to my dad's company his second tour in Vietnam. He lost 3 good men that night when some drunk ass started firing off artillery rounds. 1968 was not a good year.
Needless to say I will not be sharing this news story with my retired father who lives outside CherryPoint.

Latest posts