Just what everyone has been waiting for!

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
1673646551339.png

Ice Cube Movie GIF

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I really don't understand. Why. Why, put so much effort for an overpriced piece of Jewlery. A safe queen that you won't be able to sell anyway. It isn't even attractive in my eye. IMHO.
My opinion only, here goes. I like very plain handguns. The fanciest guns I have are a model 10, and a model 36 in nickel. I currently own 3 1911's with beavertails. Everything else is virtually stock, with the exception of Grizzly Custom retro rear sights with a.150 notch. My pre mk3 Hi Powers all have improved thumb safeties. I have very simple tastes. I personally find the damascus slide and frame are nothing I'd ever be interested in. I think that that style gun in a rich deep dark blue would much more appealing to me. Again, just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
I do like Cabot's, never been a fan of Damascus in anything, don't mind the stars but if I was gonna buy one it would be a blued finish or black nitride, they used to make one called the Draco, very nice looking 1911, it was stainless

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I've enjoyed looking at different models that Cabot offered for sale. since they started making 1911's
Found most of them interesting, but unrealistically priced. Though I can afford to buy any firearm I want, my "wants" are always
tempered by what I think a firearm is worth. All the Cabots are priced for an exclusive customer base. I'm not in that group.
While I may appreciate the workmanship, I recognize that that they aren't for me... as my ego isn't that needy.

Vin

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm with you 100 percent, I also prefer a basic 1911. I sold a Springfield RO because I found even that too fancy for my liking. I got a Mil Spec Springfield and it reminds of my father's from WW2 . I guess I'm old school and like old things. I do however like the craftsmanship Jesse James puts into whatever he does from cars, motorcycles and now firearm's. It's amazing to watch him work on anything.

tacticalacp

New Fanatic
Use the "carry" gun, gun gets thrown into and evidence locker. Likely never see it again. I will stick with just the ones I have, thanks.