Just finished off 8lb jug of WST

dennishoddy

Heck yeah!
There are 7000 grains of powder in a pound.
If your shooting a load with 6 grains of powder, you have loaded about 9333.33 rounds.

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
Yep I will be there
Dennis my brother Shone loaded between 3-4k but both of us were loading minor pf, majority were 3.4gr with 147gr then we really stepped it up to a whopping 3.5gr in August.
6 grains is better suited to tough guys like Kirt & Feegee lol

Boxerglocker

Active Fanatic
I've gone through a few 8 pound jugs of WST the past 2-3 years. I use Bear Creek molys. Pet loads are 4.0 with the 135 rn at 1.150 and 3.6 with the 147 fp at 1.100
Both loads make 135 of are accurate and clean out of my Glocks and 9mm 1911

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I know I'm a tough guy but I'll admit I only run 5.0gr under those 180 Extreme bullets, Feegee has stepped back to 4.5gr BUT we meet major PF it's all about what feels right and runs your pistol good.

Dang Corey after that many rounds I'd figure you'd be at least classified an "A" lol I just got an 8lb the other day and as much as I've been shooting it should last me about 3 years grrr. Later,

Kirk

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I know I'm a tough guy but I'll admit I only run 5.0gr under those 180 Extreme bullets, Feegee has stepped back to 4.5gr BUT we meet major PF it's all about what feels right and runs your pistol good.

Dang Corey after that many rounds I'd figure you'd be at least classified an "A" lol I just got an 8lb the other day and as much as I've been shooting it should last me about 3 years grrr. Later,

Kirk

I run 4.6 with plain lead 180s and 5.1 with 180 HAPs, which I'm about out of, so I'm gonna have to re-do a load with some PDs or MGs.

But I do love me some WST...

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I'm almost out of HP38 and just got me 1lb of WST yesterday. Anxious to try it out since everyone swears by it.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
Corey you need to experience the fun of loading 308 on a progressive if going through an 8 lb jug brings you joy, every pull of the handle equals 10 powder drops compared to 40. It actually depresses me a little bit seeing the hopper empty that quickly.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
I have all sorts of pistol powders. Bullseye is cheap... like $15/lb.

TiteGroup is what I'm using now, have used HS-6. Bought WST for target loads, and LongShot for hotter loads.

Now just to get out and shoot some of them to see what works.

Also trying SRP's in pistol to see if I can cut down on how many primers I need to stock.

Need to try them in my wheel guns too.

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
Corey you need to experience the fun of loading 308 on a progressive if going through an 8 lb jug brings you joy, every pull of the handle equals 10 powder drops compared to 40. It actually depresses me a little bit seeing the hopper empty that quickly.
I was running 27 grains of Varget on the progressive for 223. And it goes pretty fast.
Since I started reloading I have gone through 19 lb's of varget. I started out loading 308 to shoot long range march of 2011 that ate up a lot of powder.
The place were I shoot I load up 100 rds of 308 for the land owner/friend to shoot during deer season. Extremely small price to get to have a place to shoot ten minutes away.
rifle powder goes way to fast, now the pistol loads I know I worked my butt off to get through a jug

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic

Kirk
I have not shot very many USPSA matches I am still unclassified
I think to get better will be a slow progress, you keep kicking my butt at USPSA Feegee beat us both then there are the newer hungry shooters like Jared & Donovan, I will keep shooting & practicing

Latest posts