Just Can't Part With It

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Out of curiosity, what gun, or guns, do you never shoot but just can't bear to part with. My list is embarrassingly long, so won't bore you with the total, but I have a Colt 1911 that Bill Wilson modified for me years ago before he started manufacturing guns, that I used for Combat Matches (early days of Practical Pistol Shooting matches), that I won with a lot. I also have a .38 special S&W 3" bbl that I bought for my wife before I was shipped out to Viet Nam, for personal protection at home. This was 1967. I also have a Hi Standard .22 Magnum Derringer that I carried over seas, that I simply keep in the safe now, and can't see ever having a use for it or carrying it today. But it certainly went a lot of places with me back then in SE Asia.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
All of them! :)

Seriously though I have a lever action 22lr Winchester that belonged to my dad and a single shot 410 that my parents bought me for my 10th birthday and a Bear Whitetail compound bow they got me for my 12th birthday and my Coonan 357 magnum that my wife got me (let me get) for our 25th anniversary that I will never let go!!

but truly I WON'T let any go

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a few, mostly old family firearms, but some are my personal guns. Winchester m1897 thumb buster, winchester m1894 that still gets the call on occasion to go in the brush, ithaca m37 I bought new after hay season at 12 yo, Dads last revolver purchase. He and I went together in 79 or 80 cause he "wanted to buy a new S&W". None of those are going anywhere as long as I'm alive. There may be a few others.

On new firearms, if I don;t shoot it, it gets sold. I made a decision several years ago I was not a collector or accumulator and slowly sold off all that saw no use

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a few, mostly old family firearms, but some are my personal guns. Winchester m1897 thumb buster, winchester m1894 that still gets the call on occasion to go in the brush, ithaca m37 I bought new after hay season at 12 yo, Dads last revolver purchase. He and I went together in 79 or 80 cause he "wanted to buy a new S&W". None of those are going anywhere as long as I'm alive. There may be a few others.

On new firearms, if I don;t shoot it, it gets sold. I made a decision several years ago I was not a collector or accumulator and slowly sold off all that saw no use
I did the same thing a few years ago. Thinned out the accumulation of some pistols I had purchased twenty to thirty years before and just didn't like them. A Ruger Mk IV, Walther .380, and a "derringer" .410/44 Long Colt that was larger than some .357 Magnum pistols-and really heavy. Several others too numerous to mention. sold to a dealer lump sum blue Book value less 15%.

WC145

Well-Known Fanatic
I've thinned mine out on a couple of occasions and used the money to buy my '66 TBird and '66 Sportster. At this point I've pared my safe down to mostly keepers now - guns my dad gave me when I was a kid, the builds I've had commissioned, used and custom guns I've bought that are irreplaceable like my King's Gun Works custom '48 Colt or my trio of Marc Krebs builds, very few of them get shot with any regularity. There are others that I bought new that aren't so special and could easily be replaced but fill particular rolls so they probably aren't going anywhere. Off the top of my head I'd guess I have 8 or 10 that could be sold or traded and it wouldn't bug me but I'm not actively looking to get rid of any, whether I shoot them or not. Nor am I actively looking to buy any, but if the right deal catches my eye...;)

Last edited:

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Like marinedoc I have a Hi Standard 22 magnum derringer and a sentinel snubnose 9 shot 22 revolver, they were my dads so certainly not gettin rid of those but other two would be a Beretta PX4 Storm 4", I like how it looks, feels, everything, don't shoot it but can't get rid of it, next is I guess you would call it a 2nd Gen because it has fiber optic front sight but it's one of the original imported Arsenal Strike Ones, really cool gun in my opinion, has gold titanium nitride slide, great trigger but a little strange feeling at same time, had planned on shooting some matches with it but haven't yet, no plans on letting it go

Latest posts