JP Springs-Yellow, Red & Gray

Warpig

Active Fanatic
I'm running the Yellow spring in the JP I just built.I've also got the low mass Hammer and it seem's to work well with both comm. .223 and Mil. spec.5.56 , Have'nt had any issues yet with light strikes but I have'nt shot alot thru it yet, maybe 100 rnd's of each ,lake city and federal . I would also recomend a JP adjustable Trigger with the Low mass hammer. I am amazed with the combination .Crisp, Clean stroke and a light 3 1/2 lb pull with virtually no take up or overtravel in the trigger pull , nor did I notice any stacking in the trigger pull like some cheaper springs tend to cause. JP hit the mark with this combo.

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm running the Yellow spring in the JP I just built.I've also got the low mass Hammer and it seem's to work well with both comm. .223 and Mil. spec.5.56 , Have'nt had any issues yet with light strikes but I have'nt shot alot thru it yet, maybe 100 rnd's of each ,lake city and federal . I would also recomend a JP adjustable Trigger with the Low mass hammer. I am amazed with the combination .Crisp, Clean stroke and a light 3 1/2 lb pull with virtually no take up or overtravel in the trigger pull , nor did I notice any stacking in the trigger pull like some cheaper springs tend to cause. JP hit the mark with this combo.

Is that the JP EZ Trigger System you're referring to?

Tedward

Active Fanatic
I have the JP Red and Yellow on my CMMG 2 stage. Just started using it on my 223/556 Wylde. light strikes and dented primers. I put the mil-spec trigger and hammer in with the red and yellow with no improvement. Then put the mil-spec hammer spring in and it worked fine.

If I use the reduced hammer spring (red) do you need to lighted the hammer weight? I wanted to go back to my CMMG even though not 100% satisfied, but wondering what the issue really is.

Tedward

Active Fanatic
Feegee Matlock said:
I ran the yellow springs with a stock hammer, and had real bad problems with light primer strikes!! Then I cut the spur off the back of the hammer, and it runs really good now and the trigger pull is light and it shoots real good! Matt felt it and said he loved it.

Sent from (NULL) Feegee's iPhone using Tapatalk

Why did you have to cut off part of the hammer? is the hammer to heavy for the spring?

Latest posts