JP Send in your lower program

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
JP has a program to make use of the stripped lowers purchased in the recent group buys. You can send them you stripped lower and they will return a complete JP-15 for $1,649.

The only upgrade I plan to add that is not included in the base price is an extra $25 for the extended hand guard.

This rifle is going to be used primarily for 3 gun at our local matches. The 2nd decision I have to make is which barrel to have installed. I have narrowed the selection down to the 18" or 20" medium contour. Both have rifle length gas tubes. I know the 20" is the obvious choice for velocity, but the 18" should be easier maneuver on all of the short stages. I'm open to opinions on this one.

http://www.jprifles.com/1.2.12_Send_In.php

Complete JP rifle built using your lower with standard features as per the JP-15. Your completed rifle will include the JP-15 rifle accessory kit and be packed in the JP collectors box with cut hard foam insert usable in other hard cases such as a Pelican 1750. All upgrades listed on the JP-15 spec. sheet are available but not included in the above price. Turnaround time subject to demand and availability.
Complete Rifle:

$1649 (base price)

Order Form
See the Shipping to JP page for directions on sending in your lower for service.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
That's a damn good deal. The only upgrades I see necessary are the grip and stock. An A2 with a hogue grip will get you the biggest wedgie since 7th grade.

I have the 18 light contour barrel with the extra long handguard on my CTR-02 and it's HEAVY!!! Your welcome to come by the house and handle it before you order. I know Kurt loves the 20" because it has more velocity but I still don't see what difference a few hundred feet per second make as long as you know exactly what difference it makes in your ballistics.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
That's a damn good deal. The only upgrades I see necessary are the grip and stock. An A2 with a hogue grip will get you the biggest wedgie since 7th grade.

I have the 18 light contour barrel with the extra long handguard on my CTR-02 and it's HEAVY!!! Your welcome to come by the house and handle it before you order. I know Kurt loves the 20" because it has more velocity but I still don't see what difference a few hundred feet per second make as long as you know exactly what difference it makes in your ballistics.

I will definitely try to make it by before I order a JP-15. The JP competition rifle has the light weight 18" barrel. The 18" JP has a rifle length gas tube. Coming from a precision rifle background, I thought a good compromise would be the 18" medium contour. The 20" medium contour seems a bit excessive.

sefentress

Well-Known Fanatic
If KM is using it on an iron sighted rifle its probably so he can lengthen the sight radius!

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm wanting something like this so bad right now I can't stand it. Why don't you guys stop talking about these rifles for a while and make it a little easier on me. We found out today at work to expect a nice surprise at the Christmas party, I hope it's not a turkey and something I could use toward a new rifle. That's all I need to knock some of you guys down a few notches at the 3-gun mathces. That and a lot more experience, but the rifle sure won't hurt.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
There is a possibility that I may be able to get one of these JP rifles. I would rather get the complete rifle instead of sending in my M&P lower. I see what is in the upper, but I only see in the trigger description that it has a 3.5-4 lb pull. I'm curious as to how much better the trigger would be than what I have currently. Is this JP the best rifle I can get for this amount of money?

jtischauser

Get the light 3 lb competition trigger. It is about as good as it gets and way better than anything that has ever benn put in an M&P other than the VTAC M&P that has a JP from the factory.

JP rifles are the benchmark for 3 gun rifles. Everything else gets JP parts put in them to make them as sweet as a JP. All my guns have some JP parts in them.

If you buy a complete new rifle you get hosed on the tax deal and JP lowers are not cheap. Send in any lower and then buy the upper to go on top.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse. Any chance I can run your jp-15 at the 3 gun match this weekend before I drop $1650 on my own jp-15.

jtischauser

I don't have a JP15 but I do have a never fired CTR-02 upper and slightly used CTR-02 lower that your welcome to shoot. I don't have any optics on the rifle currently. I have an Eotech and a Burris Tac30 without a mount sitting on the shelf though. If you had time to zero the Eotech your welcome to shoot it. You can come by and get it anytime.

jtischauser

You're welcome to shoot my Stag 3G as well. It has a SJC comp, JP low mass carrier and JP low mass buffer. The only thing it's missing that would make it shoot softer than a JP15. It has a zeroed Burris Tac30 mounted on it.

Deathtrap

Semi-Pro/Beep that SH!T
The send in you lower program saves you a couple hundred dollars. I spent way to much money on a jp lower I was going to send it in, but they put the upper I wanted up for sale on there website so I just bought all the stuff and put it together (I'm kind of impatient). I like to buy the best stuff and I find myself buying and getting rid of stuff all the time, but the only gun i own I can see letting go is my JP.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
I sent in my lower to JP today. Hopefully in 4-6 weeks I'll have something that will compete with you guys. It sure would be nice if I get it back in time to sight it in before the 3-gun in January. On one hand, I'm super excited about getting this thing, and then on the other hand, I'm running out of excusese to cover up my performance if it doesn't go the way I hope.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
I sent in my lower to JP today. Hopefully in 4-6 weeks I'll have something that will compete with you guys. It sure would be nice if I get it back in time to sight it in before the 3-gun in January. On one hand, I'm super excited about getting this thing, and then on the other hand, I'm running out of excusese to cover up my performance if it doesn't go the way I hope.

I ordered mine yesterday. And yes, it will be time to see if I can shoot a rifle or not. Equipment excuses will be over.

was it a JP lower? thats the only way I can see putting all that $ into a say, palmetto arms lower. I guess you can buy one later for it though.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
No, I went with a Spikes. That was pretty much all I could do, I still need to come up with $300 to put back in our bank account before my wife makes my bed in the dog house.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
was it a JP lower? thats the only way I can see putting all that $ into a say, palmetto arms lower. I guess you can buy one later for it though.

I have to know because I didn't put a whole lot of thought into the lower itself, but what goes in it and attaches to it. How different can one lower be to another? I realize that there can be some out there that are total crap, but what exactly are we looking for in a lower?

Latest posts